Midway though season 3, and I’m still looking for some MOTIVATION here. . .
I know, we get a clue here, an allusion there, we get flashbacks galore. . .but I would like to know, SOMETIME before the show is canceled, why these fairly-to-highly intelligent ppl are acting so secretively, and being so ruthless/violent to a group of ppl who are the unwilling VICTIMS of a traumatic accident!
It was interesting for awhile, but at some point, they really need to give with the reveal, and move the story forward. . .hey, THERE’S an idea, move the story forward! Ppl have died, been taken prisoner, a lot of background has been given for most of the characters, but I feel like this show has given me about a half-season’s worth of plot development, and 2 seasons of background.
Don’t get me wrong. I’ve been watching faithfully since the plane hit the beach, and like many, I was intrigued, all caught up in the mystery. I’m not about to stop watching or anything. . .but at some point, I’d like to get some motivation for what’s going on.
This is reminding me of a Stephen King novel. I’ve read most of his books, and some of his nonfiction about the writing process. King remarked once about the ‘monsters’ in his stories, and how he tried to keep from revealing them for as long as possible. Once he did reveal it, the reader will think(and I’m paraphrasing here from memory), “Oh, a 10-foot tall monster. At least it wasn’t 50 feet tall!” or “Oh, a 50-foot tall monster. At least it wasn’t 100 feet tall!” It seems like “Lost” is taking this to the extreme, almost as if they don’t trust what they have in mind to hold our attention.
I suppose, however, it’s just how things are done at “Lost”. They won’t just come out and say/show anything when they can suggest it instead for 2 seasons. They should know, however, that too much of even a good thing is too much. Like a teasing person that you desire, there comes a point where the teasing needs to replaced by some real action, or you take your frustration and move on.
I hope you don’t mind the venting, and that this isn’t viewed as being too negative. I love the show, and since the break I’ve been enjoying it, but I **really **want some of that hot mystery-revealin’ action.