Lost 3.09: "Stranger in a Strange Land"

[QUOTE=Sam Stone]
I’d love to see an episode focused on ‘expedition team 2’, who were charged with climbing a mountain because a glint of something shiny was spotted.
[/QUOTE]

Shannon would have led that expedition… “Oooh, shiny!”

I just got around to watching this episode, so sorry for bringing it back up. Anyway, I assume those are Matthew Fox’s real life tattoos, because I know he has some. Why do they feel the need to integrate them into the plot? Is that what they actually say?

Wait, I just looked up Lostpedia and it says the actual meaning of the tattoo is “Eagles high, cleaving sky”. blinks Why would they try to write it into the series when it means something totally different?

[QUOTE=kushiel]
I just got around to watching this episode, so sorry for bringing it back up. Anyway, I assume those are Matthew Fox’s real life tattoos, because I know he has some. Why do they feel the need to integrate them into the plot? Is that what they actually say?

Wait, I just looked up Lostpedia and it says the actual meaning of the tattoo is “Eagles high, cleaving sky”. blinks Why would they try to write it into the series when it means something totally different?
[/QUOTE]
That’s a damn good question.

Because they’re stretching for material, but thought they could use it as a convenient thing to turn it into something seemingly mystical.

But it won’t affect the plot in anyway. That episode is the last you’ll hear of it. It was just filler.

[QUOTE=Dewey Finn]
I had the impression that the majority of the people had never seen the inside of the hatch.
[/QUOTE]

There were only two bunks, it was some distance away from camp, and there was an annoying beeping sound every 108 minutes. Fine for lunch or a shower but not really mass shelter potential. Some people were going there, until Ben was hostage, and then they were keeping people out.

[QUOTE=Dewey Finn]
And as for why they didn’t circumnavigate the island, I got the impression that there were cliffs that made it impassable at one point.
[/QUOTE]

That and, the constant attacks by the smoke monster, polar bears, and others…

Plus, they’ve only been on the island for two and a half months. And if anyone has been listening to Hurley and Desmond, they realize there’s no escape from the island.

[QUOTE=Plynck]
We saw Ethan paired with Juliet, and I’m pretty sure that we saw all the others interacting as couples.
[/QUOTE]
I don’t remember them showing Ethan and Juliet as a couple. Wasn’t he just fixing something outside her house?

[QUOTE=Plynck]
Meanwhile, Juliet has been unattached since Ethan was killed. The Others need a surgeon, and Jack will need to be paired with someone.
[/QUOTE]
Seems to me that this is more of a requirement of dramatic convention than a particular quirk of The Others. It’s like the writers and/or the network brass can’t bear to cast an attractive person without pairing them up with someone. Boring!

[QUOTE=Plynck]
I can only guess that Juliet either knew that Carl would eventually return, or that Henry has other plans for Alex.
[/QUOTE]
It just occurred to me - what did Danielle say her husband’s name was, way back in Season one? Wasn’t it Henry? Or is my memory way off?

[QUOTE=Darth Vader’s Little Pal]

It just occurred to me - what did Danielle say her husband’s name was, way back in Season one? Wasn’t it Henry? Or is my memory way off?
[/QUOTE]

http://www.lostpedia.com/wiki/Danielle_Rousseau

[QUOTE=Darth Vader’s Little Pal]
It just occurred to me - what did Danielle say her husband’s name was, way back in Season one? Wasn’t it Henry? Or is my memory way off?
[/QUOTE]

Danielle never said husband – just referred to her “lover” – Robert. (Whom she shot, along with the rest of her crew, because they’d all been sick, according to her).

But even if it was Henry, that wouldn’t say anything conclusive, since Alex’s supposed “father” (to her knowledge) is Ben.

Henry (balloon Henry) is a black guy, according to his driver’s license. And he’s a corpse.

[QUOTE=Darth Vader’s Little Pal]
I don’t remember them showing Ethan and Juliet as a couple. Wasn’t he just fixing something outside her house?
[/QUOTE]
And Ethan acting sympathetic to Juliet’s distress in the morgue when she was being recruited. Just an inference from that, and from his also being a reproduction researcher, but it seemed logical that they were together.