I hate to even think about this, but I read in the newspaper that Lost had dropped in the ratings. Please tell me that it’s not possible that my favorite show is in danger of cancellation just when things are heating up. Please?
[QUOTE=medstar]
I hate to even think about this, but I read in the newspaper that Lost had dropped in the ratings. Please tell me that it’s not possible that my favorite show is in danger of cancellation just when things are heating up. Please?
[/QUOTE]
Acc. to Nielsen, it was the #1 show of the evening.
[QUOTE=medstar]
I hate to even think about this, but I read in the newspaper that Lost had dropped in the ratings. Please tell me that it’s not possible that my favorite show is in danger of cancellation just when things are heating up. Please?
[/QUOTE]
Things have been “heating up” since the start of the show, and that’s probably how it’ll always stay.
[QUOTE=medstar]
I hate to even think about this, but I read in the newspaper that Lost had dropped in the ratings. Please tell me that it’s not possible that my favorite show is in danger of cancellation just when things are heating up. Please?
[/QUOTE]
TV Guide said that the season 3 premiere was down 20% compared to the season 2 premiere.
[QUOTE=Miller]
No, the scene with the book club took place before the plane even crashed on the island. Remember, it’s interupted by an earthquake, and then everyone runs outside and they see the airplane breaking up in the sky?
[/quote]
Which certainly must have been Desmond’s “System Failure” moment, when he just got back to the hatch and got it stopped in time. (i.e. the “earthquake”).
Gotta agree with that. Flashback Jack was being an asshole. His situation sucked – wife cheating on him and leaving him for another guy. But she clearly doesn’t want you anymore – let it go and move on.
As for Jack in the prison cell. Yeah, I’d be pissed, too. It seemed pretty clear that Jack was going to jump her when she opened the door that first time. Although, as somebody else insinuated, maybe that was the idea…? The whole shared-life-and-death situtation (the water). Hadn’t thought about it from that angle before.
Well, at least we know what Jack’s mom blames him for, and why she was able to guilt him into going to Sydney. Except they’re both wrong: no one can make an alcoholic relapse.
[QUOTE=PunditLisa]
The newspaper reported that this season will focus more on the “Others” so that we’ll be thoroughly confused as to who are the good guys.
[/QUOTE]
So does anybody think we’ll start getting flashback episodes on the main “Others”?
[QUOTE=Honey]
It cracks me up that the Others have gone from barefoot, teddybear dragging, heathens, to having a book club and a gazebo. ![]()
And where are all the children they took?
[/QUOTE]
They’re at school, in Kidnapping class. That’s 4th period. Then they will break for lunch. Following that – 5th period. Which is Taser Target Practice. After that, Recess. Then Captive Clubbing and Pistol Whipping to round out the day.
[QUOTE=John Mace]
I thought it meant The Others had taken a blood sample. Jack had the same deal, but I thought it was the inside of the their elbows.
[/QUOTE]
When they took a blood sample from Michael last season, I don’t think it was the inside of the elbow. (Don’t know about this one, didn’t catch that close enough). The guy just came up to Michael and jabbed him in the arm with the needle – didn’t even look for a vein! Heh. He’d make a great intern… ![]()
[QUOTE=Omniscient]
I think that’s the most important think we are to take away from this ep. We’ve been told before that the Others are interested in Jack and Kate for some reason but not Sawyer.
[/QUOTE]
Don’t think I remember that, specifically… when were we told this? I do remember that when Jack went back to “the line we’re not supposed to cross”, he chose Kate to go with him. When she asked him why, he said it was because the Others didn’t want her (or him). They’d already had her captive (the confrontation at “the line” the first time) and didn’t keep her. When he told her this, she said, “Damaged goods, huh?”
Apparently, the Others have changed their mind on that regard.
[QUOTE=Dominic Mulligan]
Also, I’m pretty sure that Jack’s Dad is in on the conspiracy and on the island. We’ve already seen him on the island, his coffin is empty, his voice came through the speaker and the whole reason Jack was on the flight was because of his Dad.
[/QUOTE]
This kind of thing is an idea I’ve been toying with, too. Jack’s Dad seems to come back to the forefront in a lot of the backstories, including those of other characters (Ana Lucia, Sawyer…) I think he may be more central than we realize right now – even if he is dead by the time of the plane crash – and I also wonder if maybe he isn’t actually dead.
[QUOTE=Miller]
I vaguely recall Sawyer’s boar, but I forget the context of the episode. A boar tears up Sawyer’s tent, and he gets one of the guns and goes hunting for it with Kate (I think). The boar outsmarts them both, at one point pissing all over Sawyer’s gear when they make camp, but not touching Kate’s stuff. He winds up deciding to let the boar live, but I can’t remember why, or what the overall point of the episode was.
[/QUOTE]
It was from episode 1x16, “Outlaws”. This was the one with Sawyer’s flashbacks, from when he went to Australia and ended up killing the wrong guy (that Hibbs had set him up to kill). The “shooting the wrong guy” flashback was right before he confronted the boar in the present. The boar gave him a knowing look. Almost seemed like the boar somehow represented the guy he killed. Coming back to make him confront his memories of the incident or something.
[QUOTE=Ethilrist]
Do we think there’s any special significance to Zeke saying that Kate isn’t his type?
[/QUOTE]
Maybe Zeke prefers the company of men. (or maybe he only digs 16-year-old French chicks… :D)
Nope – that was my first thought, too, when he finally sat against the wall and she went out the door. I thought, “she’s leaving! She just totally bent him to her will!” then I realized that the other door must not be accessible from the area she was in.
[QUOTE=Darth Vader’s Little Pal]
Oh, and I don’t think this was said definitively, but all of the tattoos on Jack’s arm have been there since season 1, including the stars.
[/QUOTE]
I read an interview with Matthew Fox, way back just before the premiere of Season 2. (Deatails magazine, maybe?) The interviewer said he was told in no uncertain terms that the tatoos were Fox’s, they had great meaning only to him and not to the show, and the meaning was none of anybody’s business. So you’re not going to find out what they mean, but don’t lose any sleep over it.
[QUOTE=singular1]
I read an interview with Matthew Fox, way back just before the premiere of Season 2. (Deatails magazine, maybe?) The interviewer said he was told in no uncertain terms that the tatoos were Fox’s, they had great meaning only to him and not to the show, and the meaning was none of anybody’s business. So you’re not going to find out what they mean, but don’t lose any sleep over it.
[/QUOTE]
We may not find out what they mean to Matthew Fox, but they may well be assigned some meaning to Jack that we well all obsess over like rabid pavlovian dogs.
[QUOTE=Monstre]
This kind of thing is an idea I’ve been toying with, too. Jack’s Dad seems to come back to the forefront in a lot of the backstories, including those of other characters (Ana Lucia, Sawyer…) I think he may be more central than we realize right now – even if he is dead by the time of the plane crash – and I also wonder if maybe he isn’t actually dead.
[/QUOTE]
That actually seems pretty likely at this point (although I am very often wrong in my predictions). Way back in the first season, Jack finds his dad’s coffin in the jungle, broken apart. I never really caught the significance of that scene, and just chalked it up to the body being flung somewhere into the jungle, but it’s quite possible Jack’s dad was never in the coffin in the first place. If he’s linked with the Others, the visions Jack had of him in the early episodes could be chalked up either to Jack hallucinating or his dad using remote viewing or whatever it is Walt does.
[QUOTE=UncleRojelio]
We may not find out what they mean to Matthew Fox, but they may well be assigned some meaning to Jack that we well all obsess over like rabid pavlovian dogs.
[/QUOTE]
Who you calling rabid? (ears perk, head tilts to side)
[QUOTE=singular1]
I read an interview with Matthew Fox, way back just before the premiere of Season 2. (Deatails magazine, maybe?) The interviewer said he was told in no uncertain terms that the tatoos were Fox’s, they had great meaning only to him and not to the show, and the meaning was none of anybody’s business. So you’re not going to find out what they mean, but don’t lose any sleep over it.
[/QUOTE]
But the makers of the show have decided to show us the tattoos. (They can use makeup and other tricks to hide tattoos, right?) Its hard for me to believe they have decided to make something so prominently noticeable about a character on their show without planning for that thing to have some significance to the show.
-Kris