Lost 3.4: Every Man for Himself

HAHAHA!

Of Mice and Men.

To Benry: “You’d like it. Puppies get killed…”

“The island grows restless.” With a line like that I expect it to be on the back of a turtle. And did anyone recognize the figure they saw on the monitor?

So, nobody on Island #1 has ever seen Island #2? Does the little Alcatrazish island just move around and stay in Island #1’s blind spot?

So, I assume the infamous dock that Michael sailed away from is actually on the original island. So at some point Jack, Kate, and Sawyer had to be moved to the other one. Wouldn’t they have realized if they were being moved on a boat?

When the hell is somebody going to go all the way around the shoreline (or sail around it) to map out the entire island’s boundaries?

I had wondered if the pacemaker was another mindfuck. Benry’s group likes playing those little psychological games.

You mean like real people would have done the first week they crashed? Not this bunch.

Sleestacks!

That was great!

I had a feeling Sawyer was pulling a con on that guy in prison and I had a feeling the Others were pulling a con on him. I guess that was the whole point of that flashback.

Re: Sawyer’s flashback. Was the chick who had the unfortunately named baby in a previous flashback?

I expected drums myself. :smiley:

Wow. That was an exceptional piece of crap.

I am glad Sawyer’s pacemaker is a hoax. At least, we think it is. Because I couldn’t put up with the writers thinking their team could install a pacemaker but not stop abdominal bleeding…and that a march up a mountain would not make Sawyer’s heart explode but seeing Kate’s nekkid back would…and I could not. take. any. more. BEEPING!!

Benry’s kind of growing on me. I think it’s the glasses.

It wasn’t that bad. Nowhere near as bad as the season premiere.

I remembered something else. Did I hear someone say the guys from the sub were back when they came back with the injured Colleen or did they just say sailboat real fast? A sub might explain how they get back and forth between the islands so quick and how they snuck up on the sailboat.
Re: No one mapping the island. When the tailies were going to meet the other Lostees, didn’t they try to go via beach and at some point had to cut inland because the rocks were too steep to keep traveling on the beach? Perhaps that was the island “blind spot”?

It wasn’t as bad as tonight’s “Jericho”, which is now officially dead to me.

Yes. She’s the one he had hooked up with in the flashbacks from the epsiode “The Long Con” – the last Sawyer flashback episode we saw.

Who “discovered” his little original con game (by his design, as it turned out), and joined him, as he taught her to con people. And whom he was pulling the Long Con on, himself – getting at the big time money she got in a settlement, if I recall (I think it was a divorce settlement, but the details are a little hazy).

I guess now we know why Ben was upset a few episodes about hearing that Sayid had a boat, when he said, “But they’ll find us!” If they were SMART, and decided to keep sailing around the perimeter of the island, they would have seen Alcatraz. But instead, they decided to light more fires on shore and attempt to get captured.

So, is Other Suburbia on the main island? Or is it over here near the Fish Biscuit Compound? (My feeling is that it was on the main island…)

Nice to see Desmond practicing his new precognitive powers.
Sleestacks… snort Nice one… :wink:

Okay, thanks. I thought that’s who that was but I couldn’t remember what she looked like so I wasn’t sure.

Before I go to abc.com to watch it again, aren’t there utilities out there that I could use to capture it?

I use a device called a “VCR”. Check 'em out! I hear that in the future we’ll have something called a “DVD Recorder”, but that’s probably way off in the future.

I feel that entire episode was useless:

Sawyer pretends not to care, but really does (yeah, knew that).

Sawyer might have a pacemaker installed (or not).

The losties are in the others’ camp for a reason (really now? hadn’t thought of that).

Sawyer likes bunnies (ok, that one was surprising).

Kate loves Sawyer. Not. Maybe. I don’t know.

Desmond is kinda weird… and stuff. (Actually, he’s acting surprisingly like Locke in the first 10 episodes: remember the “It’s gonna rain in 1 minute.” speech?)

Hey, another shot of a new character. Supposedly he’s going to do something. Some time. We keep getting cameos as if we’re supposed to all know who the hell he is and not be weirded out that they’re focusing on a new character. I know they hired two new actors for new losties, but they are not doing a very good job of explaining who they are.

There are two islands. They are currently on a different one from the one they were on when the plane crashed. But which island has the others’ village. Are they not living there now? Why didn’t they find the other island with the freaking raft or sailboat, or in walking around the other island?

“Hey, the forums went wild after the fish biscuit, we gotta make sure to include a shot of it in every single episode ever from now on ever.”

For me the real test will be the next two episodes. If we don’t get some good answers (and I don’t mind getting new questions, that’s fun, but there better be some goddamn answers that those questions stem from), I’m not gonna keep watching, and I have a feeling there is a lot of sentiment.

Please LOST, don’t jump the darma-tattooed shark.

Well hey, at least we found out that Jack’s hands aren’t magic after all: his CPR didn’t work.

Any guesses as to who’s got the tumor? I think Ben is too obvious.

That’s all I’ve got to add.

My VCR decided to break when I fired it up for episode 1 of this season. :frowning: