Lost 3.21: Greatest Hits

Gettin’ kind of late in the day and no sign of John Mace. Let’s get the party started and hope he shows up soon.

Thread rules:

From ABC:

Jack devises a plan to do away with “The Others” once and for all, Sayid uncovers a flaw in “The Others’” system that could lead to everyone’s rescue, and Charlie’s dangerous task may make Desmond’s premonition come true.

Some useful Café Society links are given below:

Thread index for Season 1 Episodes: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Thread index for Season 2 Episodes: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Thread index for Season 3 episodes: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

The Official Lost Jargon Thread

Official “Lost” Questions ThreadSeason 1, Season 2, Season 3

Here are some interesting external links:

The Lost Report: A very well written summary of the most current episode often containing interesting insights. I don’t think you’ll find spoilers.

The Tail Section: Excellent site for still frame photos of key scenes, along with some good analysis. But… beware of spoilers!

Sledgeweb’s Lost… Stuff: Pretty good site, but again beware of spoilers. I use it mainly for the Timeline section, which is an incredibly detailed breakdown of “how long since…?” for almost anything you can think of (pre- and post-plane crash).

Door Map from Episode 2.17. A nicely cleaned up version of the diagram Locke saw while pinned under the lockdown doors. No spoilers.

Lostpedia: The wikipedia of Lost information. Quite a comprehensive site, but beware of spoilers!

ThEmIsFiTiShErE: The Misfit offers his whacky commentary on “Lost”. Is he a nut-case or a clever insider? Careful, though, possible spoilers.

(looks at watch)

Shit, it’s Wednesday already?

-Joe

The name makes it sound like a “clips” show, which I dearly hope (and am pretty sure) it is not.

Nothing from Herc on AICN as of this posting.

Brian

It’s not.

This week isn’t, but next week is.

Lost: The Answers: http://www.abcmedianet.com/DNR/2007/pdf/dnr043007.pdf (p. 15).

The clip show is from 8:00 to 9:00 next week to bring everyone up to speed. It’s followed by the season finale at 9:00 to 11:00.

Thanks, Trion. Not only did I miss setting up the thread, I’m going to have to miss tonight’s episode. Well, I won’t really miss it, I’ll just have to watch it tomorrow on my DVR. Should be a good one!

The clip show , The Answers, first airs tomorrow after Grey’s Anatomy (according to my DVR guide). I was waiting for John Mace’s post all day. I was worried he was dead.

If you can’t wait till tonight the ABC LOST website has a couple of 2 minute segments from tonight’s episode. Looks like it will be a lot of build up to the season finale.

It’s complicated.

I haven’t looked at a thing in this thread, but I am hoping for some more screen time with Alex and Danielle.

Welllllll… Charlie’s alive, but who are those chicks in the underwater station?! Wow, it’s occupied still!

“Why all the secrecy? How about some openess?” Bwah!

The finale ought to be a humdinger. Lots of stuff needs to happen, although Charlie being questioned by the Bond girls for several episodes next season is OK by me.

Big surprise, Ben lied about something. How does the man keep all his lies straight?

I wonder if the two girls are the ones that were in the bed with him in Finland?

Was that Sayid’s girl, Nadia, that he saved from the purse snatcher?

Thats what I was thinking. Wouldn’t surprise me.

Brian

Charlie’s thinking skills leave a little something to be desired. Instead of letting Desmond risk his life by swimming to the Looking Glass, he hits Desmond in the head with a wooden oar. He his Desmond hard enough to cause unconsciousness and then leaves him alone in a tiny boat floating in the ocean.

Obviously he hopes to survive his swim so he can run to be elected as Camp Lostie’s Safty Officer.

Charlie writing out his list of greatest moments was very sad, but was undercut by the knowledge that it couldn’t work out the way Desmond described it because there are three more years to go. He had to be, dare I say it, conning Charlie.

Well, anyone who watches any TV or movies knows that no one ever really kills anyone by hitting them over the head. They just go unconscious. They may wake up with a little headache and a bump but they never get brain bleeds or anything else like that, those crazy bits of fiction are just for the medical shows.