Lost 3.08: "Flashes Before Your Eyes"

Thread rules:

So, Kate and Sawyer “escaped”, and we’ll presumably get to see what the rest of the crew on the beach has been up to. Remember them? Locke, Charlie, Sayid, Jin & Sun, etc.? And Hurley! We want more Hurley! Does the episode title refer to visions that Desmond sees, perhaps? And does Juliet really get to go home? It will be nice to get some off-Alcatraz action on the screen for a change.

From the ABC “Lost” website:

Flashes Before Your Eyes A suspicious and determined Hurley enlists Charlie to help him wrangle the truth out of Desmond, who has been acting strangely ever since the implosion of the hatch.

Some useful Café Society links are given below:

Thread index for Season 1 Episodes: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Thread index for Season 2 Episodes: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Thread index for Season 3 episodes: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

The Official Lost Jargon Thread

Official “Lost” Questions ThreadSeason 1, Season 2, Season 3

Here are some interesting external links:

The Lost Report: A very well written summary of the most current episode often containing interesting insights. I don’t think you’ll find spoilers.

The Tail Section: Excellent site for still frame photos of key scenes, along with some good analysis. But… beware of spoilers!

Sledgeweb’s Lost… Stuff: Pretty good site, but again beware of spoilers. I use it mainly for the Timeline section, which is an incredibly detailed breakdown of “how long since…?” for almost anything you can think of (pre- and post-plane crash).

Door Map from Episode 2.17. A nicely cleaned up version of the diagram Locke saw while pinned under the lockdown doors. No spoilers.

Lostpedia: The wikipedia of Lost information. Quite a comprehensive site, but beware of spoilers!

ThEmIsFiTiShErE: The Misfit offers his whacky commentary on “Lost”. Is he a nut-case or a clever insider? Careful, though, possible spoilers.

Any ideas whose flashback we’ll see tonight?

I think it’s a Desmond episode.

Sounds good. I’ve missed seeing Desmond and I think Cusick does a great job portraying him.

Well … it’s said that your life “flashes before your eyes” when you cease to be, but I recall reading that the producers said one of the main characters would be killed off later in the season. Hmm.

I hope it has much more Losties and far less Others. I miss the gang. sniff :frowning:

I have a feeling most of the Dopers here that usually whine about how the series is going aren’t going to like this episode.

For the most part, I liked it, but I think it was too centered on only one character - we’re used to many in one episode.

Edit: Oh shiat.

And I’ve a feeling those who’d rather not hear from them will join me in suggesting they start their own Lost-bashing thread.

Okay, I’m getting a Jacob’s Ladder vibe here, with that “flashback”.

Weird. Desmond’s re-living his flashbacks? Or rather, he’s flashing back on how he relived his flashbacks?

I’m guessing eddies in the space-time continuum…

(and this is his sofa, is it?)

or not enough scotch…

It’s the housekeeper from The Others. Coincidence? I think not…

I think he needs to figure out how to send a subliminal message to Commander Data so that he can escape the time loop on the next iteration…

So, he’s not the only one with precognitive abilities…

Zev Steinhardt

Excellent reference, kind sir!

Ouch - pushing a button is the greatest thing? You’d think they’d have a machine do it if it was all that important.

I hope they can get the sofa out of the way soon.

And a little Final Destination vibe there.

Lots more of the “this is what you’re/I’m supposed to do” theme.

Heh – ring falling into the water. “My precciouusssssss…”

Dude. Heavy… The universe has it in for Charlie.

That … was not at all what I was expecting. In a very good way.

My mind is blown.