Lost 3.16: "One of Us"

Thread rules:

The episode title is an interesting word play on the episode, in Season 2, when Ben/Henry Gale was introduced: “One of Them”. Will we get more of Juliet’s backstory? I have a sneaking suspicion that the storyline with Locke and The Others will be dropped for this episode, and we’ll have to wait at least another week for the writers to pick it up again. Still, it should be interesting to see how the Lostaways react to having Juliet in camp. I’ll spoiler the following, but it’s just my speculation based on the previews, not anything I heard otherwise:

Maybe this will be a Claire centric episode, but in either case I expect more irritating behavior from Charlie as he “deals with” Claire’s illness. I really find his character annoying, and wish the writers would kill him off.

From the ABC “Lost” website:

One of Us Jack’s joyous reunion with his fellow survivors is cut short when they realize that accompanying him is one of “The Others,” and Claire is stricken by a mysterious, life-threatening illness.

Some useful Café Society links are given below:

Thread index for Season 1 Episodes: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Thread index for Season 2 Episodes: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Thread index for Season 3 episodes: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

The Official Lost Jargon Thread

Official “Lost” Questions ThreadSeason 1, Season 2, Season 3

Here are some interesting external links:

The Lost Report: A very well written summary of the most current episode often containing interesting insights. I don’t think you’ll find spoilers.

The Tail Section: Excellent site for still frame photos of key scenes, along with some good analysis. But… beware of spoilers!

Sledgeweb’s Lost… Stuff: Pretty good site, but again beware of spoilers. I use it mainly for the Timeline section, which is an incredibly detailed breakdown of “how long since…?” for almost anything you can think of (pre- and post-plane crash).

Door Map from Episode 2.17. A nicely cleaned up version of the diagram Locke saw while pinned under the lockdown doors. No spoilers.

Lostpedia: The wikipedia of Lost information. Quite a comprehensive site, but beware of spoilers!

ThEmIsFiTiShErE: The Misfit offers his whacky commentary on “Lost”. Is he a nut-case or a clever insider? Careful, though, possible spoilers.

Herc from AIC spoiler filled review (4.5/5 stars):

I’m glad to find out

Yes. We get answers this week to questions we’ve been asking since early season one.

Brian

I found this interesting:

Remember please the rumored final flashback batting order:
3.16 Juliet Burke
3.17 Desmond Hume
3.18 Jin & Sun Kwon
3.19 Jack Shephard
3.20 Karen & Gerald DeGroot
3.21 Charlie Pace
3.22-23 Benjamin Linus

Especially 3.20. If it’s true.

I’ve the sneaking suspicion that …

the answers they’re suggesting we’ll be getting to questions dating back to the first season will be nothing more than manipulations from Juliet and won’t actually turn out to be real answers at all. We’ll think they are at first, but I bet they might be disproven or changed later on, since Juliet has something of a pattern for being a pathological liar.

Dude, especially 3.22-23, if true!!!

anamnesis: Plus…

She may have been filled B.S. info by Ben, too, so she might not actually know many of these “answers”.

Rumors around 3.22-3.23 go back and forth between Ben and Jack. The most recent report I’ve heard tips towards Jack.

Lets have a thread consisting of only spoiler boxes.

I am looking forward to this episode.

Which makes me very apprehensive. Whenever I have expectation puffed up by the previews I’m usually disappointed. When I go into an episode with no expectations I usually enjoy the hell out of it.

OK

I sincerely hope that this episode involves Hurley dreaming that Juliet refuses to drink from the Loving Cup, prompting Charlie to crawl through the mud to her tent and force her into a Mr. Cluck costume.

Gooble gobble gooble gobble!

Just a note – my spoiler box in Post #3 is just the rumored list of who the remaining flashbacks this season are about. It doesn’t spoiler anything overly significant – and it just comes from that aintitcool page. (And the responses to my post are also about the same thing).

So if anybody’s deciding whether or not to click that spoiler – that’s all it is.

Here is a link to the weekly teaser article on EW.com. A few minor spoilers but mostly teases. The author has seen the episode (he usually doesn’t see it before airing) and says that this will be one of the top 20 episodes of Lost when all is said and done.

One interesting theory from the article about Juliet (theory only, not a spoiler but I’ll box it anyway:

Fertility doctor Juliet was left behind to take care of the now preggers Kate. It makes sense to me. They still haven’t answered why the Others are interested in babies. Maybe we’ll get a clue tonight.

So I guess the Others don’t know about Sun?

Wow, what an annoying thread to read with all the black boxes.

I kinda like it. I think Loach is onto something.

UncleRojelio:

They might, but she has this nasty tendency to shoot Others.

That’s even worse than shooting blanks, like Jin.Someone in the office is using a prints-to-a-roll electronic calculator, and the sound of it is totally reminding me of the TCM.

I’ve got it bad.

I boldly predict that this week on “The Sting”, eh, that is, “Lost” . . . several people will get conned!!!

[SPOILER]Spoiler box!

OK, OK… I’m curious now: does any of this relate to the Lost Experience–the online game last summer?
[/SPOILER]

Is Sayid going to torture Juliet??

Jack telling the torturemaster: “She’ll answer your questions when she’s ready. She’s under my protection.”

Like that would stop Sayid.

Sayid’s the only one asking any questions, trying to find out what the hell is going on.