Lost 3.07: "Not in Portland"

Time change alert: 10PM Eastern/Pacific time. 9PM Central. You MST guys will have to figure it out yourselves. There’s a recap episode the hour before, if anyone is interested.

Thread rules:

So, where were we… Jack “The Knife” Shepherd has Benry on the operating table with a sliced kidney sac. He’ll only save him if they let Kate and Sawyer go. Mr. Friendly, who may or may not be in love with Benry, is panicking. But how, oh how, will Kate and Sawyer get off The Other’s Island?

From the ABC “Lost” website:

Not in Portland LOST is back and all new for 16 straight weeks! In the return episode, Jack is in command as the fate of Ben’s life literally rests in his hands.

Some useful Café Society links are given below:

Thread index for Season 1 Episodes: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Thread index for Season 2 Episodes: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Thread index for Season 3 episodes: 1 2 3 4 5 6

The Official Lost Jargon Thread

Official “Lost” Questions ThreadSeason 1, Season 2, Season 3

Here are some interesting external links:

The Lost Report: A very well written summary of the most current episode often containing interesting insights. I don’t think you’ll find spoilers.

The Tail Section: Excellent site for still frame photos of key scenes, along with some good analysis. But… beware of spoilers!

Sledgeweb’s Lost… Stuff: Pretty good site, but again beware of spoilers. I use it mainly for the Timeline section, which is an incredibly detailed breakdown of “how long since…?” for almost anything you can think of (pre- and post-plane crash).

Door Map from Episode 2.17. A nicely cleaned up version of the diagram Locke saw while pinned under the lockdown doors. No spoilers.

Lostpedia: The wikipedia of Lost information. Quite a comprehensive site, but beware of spoilers!

ThEmIsFiTiShErE: The Misfit offers his whacky commentary on “Lost”. Is he a nut-case or a clever insider? Careful, though, possible spoilers.

This is going to be my first Lost episode watched live! I just got caught up over the last 2 months thanks to the DVDs, and a friend’s VHS recordings of season 3.

I’m looking forward to it.

Yay!

Though, with the time change, I’m likely to be quite tired tomorrow. Expect my posts to be largely incoherent. With luck no one will notice any difference.

I just sent out the following warning message to some of my compadres at work: “Due to an unforeseen scheduling issue, I will be virtually incapacitated tomorrow, Thursday the 8th. If at all possible, please see me with questions today, as I cannot guarantee that any answers I give you tomorrow will make any kind of sense. (Not that they normally do anyway.)”

So, needless to say, I feel your pain.

Huge revelation in the title. This shoots down the popular “the island(s) is in Portland” theory. I wonder how they’ll address all the evidence showing that they are in Portland. Perhaps they’re closer to Eureka?

snerk

Or, the title could be related to a line that Sawyer will probably utter: “We’re not in Portland any more, Toto…”

AICN spoiler filled report:

I’m am so glad thet they will answer

why The Others don’t just take Ben to a friendlier spinal surgeon back in the world?

What Critics say (minor spoliers)

Brian

Lost sucks/has sucked/will suck. It hasn’t been good since the plane crash. I bailed on it two years ago. I don’t know why any of you are still watching. They better answer some questions soon or I’ll stomp my feet.

Just needed to get that out of the way early so I can enjoy the show and the thread. I hope no one feels the need to add any me toos.

Just found this interesting article. It’s a recent interview with Lindelof and Cuse for Entertainment Weekly. I hope you don’t have to be a subcriber to read it. It doesn’t give away too much but they say specifically what episodes some questions will be answered. If you can’t get to it let me know and I’ll try to spoiler box some of the important information such as the final question and answer of the interview:

[spoiler]Is there a mystery you will never solve?
LINDELOF: We will never give story time to revealing the construction of the infamous rope bridge.
CUSE: And honestly, we’re never going to tell you why the French lady has a Yugoslavian accent.

[/spoiler]

I’m excited. I’m even going to watch the “pre-show” show at 9. Mainly because there’s so much crap going on, I need a nice recap.

Told everyone I’ll be busy between 9 and 11 tonight. We’ll see who pays attention to that.

Bah! Any *Lost * fan worth his/her salt knows the “island” is in Portland and that has been the plan from the beginning – the writers just didn’t anticipate the fans being clever enough to figure it out so soon. Now they’re trying to fake us out with misleading episode titles. Shame on you for falling for it!

Got this from my local paper today. It’s not really a plot spoiler, but I’ll spoiler it anyway since it’s a line of dialog. Definintely a double entendre aimed at the audience:

Towards the end of the episode, Jack says to Juliet: “After everything that I have been put through, you owe me an answer.”

And if you want to know whose backstory will be shown tonight (again, from my local paper):

Juliet. That should be interesting!

I’ll probably have to tape it and watch it later, which sucks because I’ll miss the play-by-play of the thread. :frowning:

Still, I have a feeling the rest of this season will redeem the show. The pace is going to pick up.

Oddly, this thread has the date as March 7th. So did the LOST thread yesterday. All us twitching junkies know it’s tonight, but, you know, just thought I’d point that out. No one is enjoying February, apparently.

ahhhh… John Mace’s Lost thread. It’s like that first hit of heroine in the morning!

Cant wait for tonite!

No, it’s season 3, episode 7.

Insert head slapping emoticon here. Birdmonster slinks off to a cold corner to think about what he’s done.

Just don’t get any ideas that the next few posts are going to be free. It’ll cost you from now on!! :wink:

Holy crap, where have I been? I’ve been following the show and these threads religiously. Where did I miss that we suspect the island is Portland? Is this a joke?

Please, someone fill me in. :confused:

Whoooosh!!!