[QUOTE=The Chao Goes Mu]
Holy crap, where have I been? I’ve been following the show and these threads religiously. Where did I miss that we suspect the island is Portland? Is this a joke?
Please, someone fill me in.
[/QUOTE]
Calm down. Yes it’s a joke. Menocchio started it by being a smart alec (in typical doper style) in reference to tonight’s episodes title - “Not in Portland”, and others piled on. That is unless I am as confused as you are.
[QUOTE=Winston Bongo]
[QUOTE=Menocchio]
Huge revelation in the title. This shoots down the popular “the island(s) is in Portland” theory. I wonder how they’ll address all the evidence showing that they are in Portland. Perhaps they’re closer to Eureka?
[/QUOTE]
Bah! Any Lost fan worth his/her salt knows the “island” is in Portland and that has been the plan from the beginning – the writers just didn’t anticipate the fans being clever enough to figure it out so soon. Now they’re trying to fake us out with misleading episode titles. Shame on you for falling for it!
I try my best to avoid spoilers, but I happened upon this interesting chart over on The MisFit’s site (warning… spoilers). It maps out all the relationships between the various characters, and proposes two new familial relationships. One seem possible, the other seems unlikely:
Libby and Juliet are sisters. I can see this being possible. Rose is WAAAAAALT’s grandmother-- seems unlikely, since you think she’d know she had a grandson. Of course, this is “Lost”.
[QUOTE=cmkeller]
Does anyone know if the title refers to Oregon or Maine? It probably doesn’t really matter plot-wise, but hey, I’m a geography geek.
[/QUOTE]
I don’t know where the hell this very large island could be in Portland, OR. Sauvee Island? They’d have probably run into some berry pickers or bird watchers by now.
Certainly nowhere with a shot that could pan out and then you don’t see the city clearly. It’s not like you’d need a sub to get to the banks of the Columbia or Wilamette rivers.
[QUOTE=Loach]
Lost sucks/has sucked/will suck. It hasn’t been good since the plane crash. I bailed on it two years ago. I don’t know why any of you are still watching. They better answer some questions soon or I’ll stomp my feet.
[/QUOTE]
Heh heh heh.
I’m sorta wishing I wasn’t watching the special. I appreciate the recapping, but listening to the producers talk about it as if it were fiction makes me sad.
Sawyer should have shot Pickett. If he thought Pickett was pissed at him before, that’s just multiplied big time.
No way will Pickett ever settle for capturing them now. So Juliet’s little “peaceful resolution” suggestion is total crap. Juliet already ordered her henchmen to kill them if necessary.
Woo-hoo! Alex to the rescue! Wonder how long before she actually meets her mom.
Now, that, that is a tangible link! We’ve been waiting for something like what’s been given in today’s backstory revelation for a long, long time. Not quite answering anything big, but giving us something to go on.