Lost 3.18 "D.O.C."

Thread rules:

We have a new addition to The Island: PHC (Portuguese Helicopter Chick). I wonder if she will speak any English, or if they’ll go with another Jin-type situation except with Paolo gone, no one can translate! I doubt Hurley knows enough Spanish to understand and/or be understood. Too bad Ana-Lucia isn’t around any more. Knowing the writers, though, PHC will be unconscious throughout this episode.

I’m guessing that Juliet and Ben will somehow reconnect at the end of this episode, setting us up for a continuation of the Locke/Others plot line next week.

From the preview on Lostpedia for this episode:

D.O.C. After learning that the Others’ pregnant women died before giving birth on the island, Sun allows Juliet to examine her; Desmond allows an unlikely nemesis to help save the life of a new, mysterious island inhabitant. Jin becomes aware of the identity of the father of Sun’s baby.

Based on that description, I assume that…

This will be a Sun & Jin centric episode. I understand that D.O.C. = Date of Conception.

BTW, I got distracted last week Wed night, and didn’t watch “Catch-22” until the weekend. By then it seemed rather pointless to add to the thread…

Some useful Café Society links are given below:

Thread index for Season 1 Episodes: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Thread index for Season 2 Episodes: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Thread index for Season 3 episodes: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

The Official Lost Jargon Thread

Official “Lost” Questions ThreadSeason 1, Season 2, Season 3

Here are some interesting external links:

The Lost Report: A very well written summary of the most current episode often containing interesting insights. I don’t think you’ll find spoilers.

The Tail Section: Excellent site for still frame photos of key scenes, along with some good analysis. But… beware of spoilers!

Sledgeweb’s Lost… Stuff: Pretty good site, but again beware of spoilers. I use it mainly for the Timeline section, which is an incredibly detailed breakdown of “how long since…?” for almost anything you can think of (pre- and post-plane crash).

Door Map from Episode 2.17. A nicely cleaned up version of the diagram Locke saw while pinned under the lockdown doors. No spoilers.

Lostpedia: The wikipedia of Lost information. Quite a comprehensive site, but beware of spoilers!

ThEmIsFiTiShErE: The Misfit offers his whacky commentary on “Lost”. Is he a nut-case or a clever insider? Careful, though, possible spoilers.

There is no doubt in my mind that Jin is the father. I mean, come on! If Jae’s the father, well, how would that be at all interesting?

*I boldly predict that in this thread, somebody will threadshit.

Maybe someone who has done it before. I seem to remember something about him being a threadshitter. Let’s have a nice detailed discussion about him threadshitting.

Hope they don’t waste time on discussing the actual episode. Who cares about that stuff? I want more threadshitting. Maybe talking about what a waste of time this is for all of us. That’d be great!*

Seriously, if anyone wants to come in and say how lousy this show is, and what a waste of time, and how the writers have let us down… Can you do that in these idle hours before the show, rather than afterwards when there is actually something to discuss? You may want to wait until after, but I’ll wager that nothing that happens tonight will dissuade you from your stance, so what difference does it make? Why not make a preemptive post now and leave the rest of us to our fun later?

Not especially optimistic, but who knows?

Herc from AICN gives it 5/5 stars. Spoiler filled review:

Brian

Here’s my guess: Jin is the father, and The Island cured his impotence. But if the baby is bald, then who knows…? :slight_smile: Seriously, though, I could see how it would be interesting to put tension between Sun and Jin again. Makes Sun a lot like Claire.

A preemptive threadshitting. The Bush Doctrine meets the Dope. :smiley:

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not against the idea; it’s similar to taking a shit at the edge of the picnic blanket in order to distract the flies from your lunch.

Maybe a decoy thread next time. :wink:

I’m looking forward to this episode, although the who’s your daddy issue isn’t at the top of my list for resolution.

Really ridiculous and inconsequential question: Did we ever figure out how many episodes are left before the season finale? Because I have a vacation coming up and I would like to schedule accordingly.

Including D.O.C., I believe there are 4 episodes before the season finale - making 5 episodes left this season.

Me neither.

However, it just goes to show that even a fetus has daddy issues on The Island.

-Joe

There are five total, including tonight. I think what threw me was the way they said how many were left. You can find the list at lostpedia, but there are spoilers on that page. The last one is a two hour show and is supposed to air May 23.

I don’t know if I want to stay up for it tonight or not. Tomorrow is Take your child to work day so I can sleep in a bit.

The guys on the podcast said that they won’t make the daddy some new myster figure. At least we can look forward to that. Nevertheless, I bet somebody gets conned this time.

This show totally sucks. All the characters have DADDY ISSUES! Such crap writing! Kill them all!

-Joe

I boldy predict that in this episode:

• Jack and Kate will have a conversation
  • Sun will have a look of concentration on her face, before heading to flashback
  • Juliet will talk about babies being conceived
  • Locke will walk out of a building, resulting in a conflagration.
  • the parachute chick will slip in and out of consciousness because of her severe contusions
  • Hurley will consume more ranch dressing
  • Sawyer will analyze the contours of Kate’s body
  • and somebody on the island will suffer from incontinence

Bunch-a frickin’ con artists… grumble

If you lobby for “Send Your Child To Work In Your Place” Day, you could perhaps sleep in a bit more. :cool:

I have no concept of what you are talking about.

Don’t have a conniption, Connie.

-Joe

This mystery wouldn’t be very intersting if only Jai had used a condom.

This mystery wouldn’t be very interesting if only Jai had used a condom.

Contrary to what you may believe, condoms are not 100% effective contraception. Confusing, eh?

-Joe

Con’t we all just get along?