Lost 3.4: Every Man for Himself

What I don’t get: The fish biscuit cage (for polar bears) is on the Alcatraz island, but the bears are on Lostie Island. Why? How?

Also not believing that Alcatraz wouldn’t have been spotted. It’s possible, I suppose, but I’m not buying it.

Approaching water-ski ramp for sure. It’s sure reminding more of *Misery * than Carrie.

Polar bears are fantastic swimmers you know. They can be found miles out to sea swimming from pack ice to land and back. I don’t think the relatively small straight between the two islands would have presented any challenge.

I wondered about that.

Bears got boats! :eek:

If I lived on Alcatraz and I had pet polar bears, I’d sure as hell have cages for them. Maybe they let them run free and clear on The Island and only bring them over to Alcatraz for nefarious purposes.

And underneath his bandage (as opposed to his tiny bandaid), he seemed to have an actual sutured wound to me. If they have giant cages rigged with marching band music and kibble dispensers, and I woke up with a sutured wound in my chest, I’d tend to believe the man who told me I had an exploding pacemaker.

So have Benry and Co. been playing mind games with the bears, too?

Oh, Mr. Bear! Watch this rabbit closely…

Someone has to help me out with the golf club stuff - what was Desmond doing? drawing lightning to it, to protect Claire’s tent? His prophecy powers saw that she would be in danger, so he built a lightning rod?

And, sure, so now we know (maybe) that Jack’s on the island to save someone with his mad surgeon skillz, but why everyone else? Or were they just collateral damage, so to speak? If so, why keep Kate and Sawyer on “Alcatraz”? And why abduct the kids?

My brain hurts.

I think the gist of it was that Jack was in the Others’ camp to save someone, not necessarily on the island.

That’s what I figure - he and Charlie seem to share a look that to me suggested this conversation:
Desmond: Ha! Neat, it worked! See why I wanted her to move?
Charlie: That’s totally freaky - I’ll listen to you from now on! (And, if we make it back, can I take you to Vegas?)

Who shot Colleen? Someone implied that it was one of the Losties, but I don’t remember that.

Sun, on the boat. Colleen gave some speech about how they weren’t enemies but if Sun shot her they would become enemies. Colleen then took another step towards Sun who pulled the trigger.

Sun shot her, on the boat.

Danny the overseer is a mean sumbitch and Bluebeard Zeke is little more than an assistant, but Benry (“George”) the Would-Be BunnyKiller will always be the worst of the Other Lot. He’s the master manipulator, more so than Juliette.

“Dear Goo Goo Ga-Ga” :smiley:

How the heck long will it take Kate and Sawyer to figure out that everything they say and do is being monitored?

What on earth was that thing that Desmond built? Something inspired by Benjamin Franklin?

I don’t recall seeing Clementine’s mother before, but then, it’s been a while since we’ve had a Sawyer flashback. Anybody know this lady?

Lightning rod.

Yes, she was in the last Sawyer flashback – season 2 episode titled “The Long Con”. Sawyer’s “girlfriend” who he was teaching the con game to (and pulling the “long con” on, in the process).

Which was two episodes ago – second episode of this season (when Sayid tried to do his little ambush and they lost the boat).

That, and calling the new guy in jail “Costanza” were the best Sawyer lines of the night.

And yet, no sign of them having any clue that she climbed out and got back in… or are we to assume that Benry was watching that part?

Yeah, if the series hadn’t already dug itself into a deep hole for me this episode would have been just fine. Nothing spectacular but it kept pace.

The Others storyline continues to be pointless. Anything they do or say is just screwing with people and can’t be trusted so there’s no reason for a view to care. And still there is no actual confrontation with them. Yeah, Sawyer punches someone from time to time but none of the captives actually call them out on their mind games. How many times do they have say “We’re not killers,” before one of them goes “Well what about all those bodies you’ve been piling up in our camp and attacks you’ve made against us?” Is it too much to ask for the captives to actually respond to being captives?

The second island thing doesn’t really bother me. Alcatraz is a small island and twice the size of it is still pretty small. The prison island would just be a good sized rock off the coast of the big main island and hardly worth mentioning, though if I had a boat I’d certainly at least check it out…

Oh, and Sawyer lied to the treasury agent. There is no storage place at 441 and Sawgrass, though there is a Publix supermarket. :wink:

Remind me who Clementine is again? Was she some kid we saw on a previous episode?

Sun shot Colleen when the Others came aboard the sailboat to hijack it.

So…John comes back to the beach with a wounded Mr. Eko, gives a rousing speech and what? Nothing? Everybody just seemed to be groovin’ and hangin’. And if Locke does finally take off on a rescue mission he won’t find them because they’re on Alcatraz.

Why didn’t Desmond see the other island when he was circling in the sailboat trying to get away?

Clementine is apparently Sawyer’s daughter. His ex-girlfriend/conbuddy/convictim brought him a picture of her when Costanza was visiting with his wife. Sawyer’s lady told him her name was Clementine, after which Sawyer denied having a daughter.

What I want to know is which previous episode was titled, “Live Together, Die Alone”?