Lucky Charms Bet

I think this topic has appeared before, but a search here and otherwise has not produced satisfactory results. Can someone please tell me the original Lucky Charms? I believe that the original colored marshmallows were:
Pink hearts
Yellow moons
Orange stars
Green clovers

It is my contention that the Blue diamonds came as a later addition, as well as purple horseshoes and red balloons and rainbows and whatever else containing red and yellow #5. Does anyone here agree with me? If so, do you know of a website I can forward to my opposing party which will make him accept this fact? Please tell me if I am full of shit.
Thanks

Now I’m sitting here trying to run that old leprechaun commercial through my head (God, it’s been ages since I’ve seen that thing!). I think you’re right, though–that’s the way I seem to remember the leprechaun rattling off the marshmallows in his cereal. Blue diamonds, I think, is one too many. Matter of fact, I think I distinctly remember him saying at one point, “And NOW…Blue Diamonds!” They were a later addition.

I remember it the same.

The basic four food groups were a given as long as this 30 year-old can recall.

The day the announced, “and new Blue Diamonds” was a great day indeed in cereal hitory!

I believe next came “PurpleHoeshoes,” but I was getting a bit old for Saturday Morning fare so there’s a possibility I might have misseed something…

Yer pal,
Satan

Purple Hoe shoes,eh?Never seen em wear them myself! But yes,theyre were lavendar horseshoes. Whats next,peach squares? :wink:

The original marshmallows in Lucky Charms were pink hearts, yellow moons, green clovers and orange stars. I also remember the “new blue diamonds” when they came out.

I don’t think Heath can win a bet with “a bunch of people on this message board agree with me” (or even “Satan says I’m right”) so I did a web search.

Toys - A 1978 Lucky the Leprechaun toy: “Lucky the Leprechaun magically changes ordinary, shapeless white marshmallows into wonderful shapes with bright colors – a whole rainbow in fact. Then he puts the yellow stars, blue diamonds, green clovers, and pink hearts into Lucky Charms cereal.”

Lucky Charms we’d like to see - This has nothing to do with the OP, but all the Lucky Charms fanatics who open this thread should check it out.

Ah, here’s what we’re looking for: In the beginning…

You might also be interested in this one: New Lucky Charms formula announced

Your Official Cat Goddess since 10/20/99.

Semper Ubi Sub Ubi

Let’s fix that:

Toys

Lucky Charms we’d like to see - This has nothing to do with the OP, but all the Lucky Charms fanatics who open this thread should check it out.

%$(*^%( it:

http://www.toymuseum.com/cereal/3265060.html

http://www.prolefeed.com/lists/lucky-charms.html

Am I missing something, or have they removed the orange stars???

-David