Mafia: Evil Dead - DAY/NIGHT FIVE

After all that, I’m going to

vote Hockey Monkey.

A series of votes that blend in with the crowd, coupled with a general lack of pro-town activity, gives me the sense of somebody keeping her head down carefully.

For example, consider this first Day Four post, refuting Almost Human’s vote:

So: Admits to low activity and me too voting. Voted macey, hounded the PFK, attacked Cookies claim - nothing that it isn’t plausible scum behaviour.

For the rest of Day Four: votes Blam, posts a list, pushed Blamfor full role.

That’s it. Again, nothing that isn’t as useful for scum as it is for town.

So is this reveal in conjunction with or in place of your Total Lost confirmation?

I’m not sure I understand the question…

What the fuck is it with the obsession with my me too vote? It was my very first vote of the game. What the hell? I haven’t me too-ed every vote I’ve made. I’m really astounded by this, especially this late in the game. It’s making me very suspicious of the motivation of **amrussell **and Almost Human for bringing it up.

My information about Total Lost being not-a-Deadite was in my role PM. The information about the half-dead counting against the Town’s win condition and the existence of a Townie half-dead killer was provided to me last Night.

I’ve organized things that way mostly for my own benefit, so I have a quick reference to who has already claimed.

I’m not 100% believing any of the unconfirmed claims (except my own, obviously :slight_smile: ), but since we have yet to mass-claim those are there for comparison once we do.

Cookies, are you willing to say more about the nature of this information? Like, is this a side effect of you being Ash? Or are you being passed notes by somebody through the mod?

The first point is that if you’d done more stuff, there’d be more to talk about. But you’ve not been very active, so anyone looking at you is going to end up looking at the same things. That doesn’t make people who look at you scummy - it makes you a low-volume poster.

But the main point is that my case isn’t built on your one vote. I quoted the post in which *you *mentioned it to point out that even in your own defence the best you can say is that you admit you’ve done stuff that looks scummy. My case is not that you made a me-too vote. It’s that throughout the game, you’ve hardly done anything that couldn’t equally well have been done by scum. If you want to refute my case, don’t pretend that I’m going on and on about one vote. That’s just misrepresentation. Point to all the pro-town stuff you’ve done. Show me some stuff you’ve done that scum probably wouldn’t, and I’ll admit my perception of you was wrong.

I’m not willing to say more at this time. :slight_smile:

What’s to explain? You put up a weak vote for me, several others followed. Is there another definition?

However, I’m reasonably sure you’re town (Edit, now that I’ve made it to the D/N5 thread: Actually, you’re now as confirmed town as one could hope) so
Unvote ComeToTheDarkSideWeHaveCookies

Anyway, there was a comment made yesterDay that smacks of Perfect Information Syndrome:

No, I didn’t. I claimed “vanilla town”. However, MHaye hit it right on the head (albeit it with a qualifier). And while I certainly have my doubts that scum know our Alpha/Beta status off the bat, I could see a scum investigator taking a peek at me just to see if had been lurking because I was a pro-town power role, trying to keep things under wraps. Good enough reason for me to:
Vote MHaye

Whoa! Nice catch, Hal! Am gonna take a closer look at Mhaye.

Thanks, that’s where my misunderstanding of your claims was.

Also. Damn, Hal. Interesting times.

On looking:

First thing I noticed was how little he said at first. Despite about 16 posts before it, his first statement that has any real meat is this:

From day 2, where he makes a very safe vote, among other things. Lots of equivocating, something that stays true throughout.
Next substance is halfway through day 3.

He concludes NAF is town, because if he wasn’t, it would be high risk, low reward. Again, a safe argument. He also concludes Chucara is PFK for the same reason I did: his obsession with the AlphaBeta. Fair enough. One thing sticks out, though–he [MHaye] says that he [chuc] was trying to ‘obfuscate’ NAF by posting multiple statements. Except NAF’s power only works when he has statements to work with. The more statements provided, the more NAF can do. And since he’d have almost certainly told us which statement he investigated, chuc’s idea would have only helped. Also says Diggit’s probably not a deadite.
Next, explains self in night three here:

Not much here, except to point out that buff could have been investigated by TF. Again, helpful; again, safe.
Next post here:

Even less substance than usual. Claims to have a good reason for lurking; based more on metagaming than in-gaming, or perhaps RL–just like Blaster Master.

Part 2 in a bit.

Two apologies for inactivity, then:

This.

Emphasizes that he still thought that chuc was obfuscating, something I disagree with. Claims to still be rereading, something he does a lot. Analysis comes forthwith; however, it is analysis from day 4, instead of overall, like the rereads promise:

Says that BlaM’s lurking is a null tell. I’m not so sure, but it’s certainly a minor point. Points out the skirting of the ‘I am town’ statement, then equivocates. Points out that definition of lurking are different, and then he decides to be cautious. Again.

Last substantial post:

He was right, I’ll give him that. But, as I said earlier, votes for BlaM are a null tell, since both town and scum would want Freddie Kruger dead. Points out unusualnesss of powers, and how Arcade was different. A fair point, but a null tell.
So. MHaye. He’s been very quiet, with most of his substance being equivocation, or safe and cautious points. He has flown under the radar (mostly) so far, is that his goal? He said he’d pick up participation, and it definitly had an upward trend, but overall it’s still low. No, I think he’s trying to divert suspicion through low participation, especially considering what he’s done–attack two PFK’s and shrug about most everything else.

Vote MHaye

MHaye’s last substantial post is very odd, because it repeats itself half way through. The first half looks like it’s building up to lynch Hal, saying that Blam can wait a day and “we’ve got enough time to waste a mislynch on a claimed vanilla”. The second half is exactly the same, but concludes with the vote on Blam.

MHaye, it seems that you tried to change his mind on preview, having seen that Hal was now tied. But having solidly concluded that Blam was PFK, why even think about turning round and voting for Hal? Especially as you gave no reasoning, other than the need to break the tie, for suspecting Hal?

*bolding mine

Except…I never voted for peeker. Just so you’ve got your facts straight.

I’m not going to have us waste time today discussing this, as I’m easily confirmed by pedescribe. I’m a mason.

That brings our pool of unknowns down by one, which I think is a good thing.

…Yup. Hockey Monkey is a mason.

amrussel, you sure seems to be in fling-and-hope-something-sticks mode…

I guess my scumdar really needs tuning, because it keeps pinging on confirmed townies. I got confused with pedescribe and his attractive mason post. This post by Cookies does not make complete sense to me either:

1. Like special ed, I took the “little white lies” title as meaning you didn’t tell your full power and are the one-fifth killer. It even made sense, you being the coward daughter of Ash who only dares to go after one-fifth Deadites.
  2. But on reread it is a power Blaster Master claimed and it’s used by the actual one-fifth killer.
  3. That means that person trusted you last Night. In my opinion a gamble because NAF wasn’t confirmed yet. Though if I read you right, you didn’t get a name of the player who contacted you, but could ask questions back?
  4. The I-got-more-but-won’t-tell annoys me :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, the more useful questions to you, Cookies, or the actual one-fifth killer:
Do you need help? I ask because Today neither macey nor Hawkeyeop burned up (only one burn in four days). So the killing has a failure rate or there is some other requirement. Or talked to Cookies instead of killing I guess.
Actually, no need to answer, since with the two serial killer gone we got quite a buffer the one-fifth aren’t that important.

I think it’s pretty save to assume NAF went for Cookies’ “I am Town”, because he said “Cookies is town”, not Cookies is Ash (which would be a meaningless statement to test IMO).
NAF wasn’t a naive cop (believes everything TRUE), because he got a FALSE and a WOOF? as well, so I believe his investigation about Cookies is correct (in case the previous paragraph suggested otherwise).
dotchan has an extra point to be Alpha because Blaster Master couldn’t scare her into a heart attack.