Mafia Reunion Day 4

Hmm I thought there were more. Will have to go back an check.

Sure you can ask fellow scum, but there are areas such as switches where the town has more info. More to the point, you need to talk about something during the day, and it makes sense to talk about what you are thinking about.

Happy Birthday, PlumPudding!

That’s an exciting question and I for one would be interested to see just exactly which two players would die if this happened!

Wanna try it?

Deja vu! We get another Day 3 lynch!

And I’m not sure what time zone storyteller0910 is in, but I count more than 48 hours until Dusk.

Surely you can set your verbosity level somewhere between 1% and 110%?

Please tell us why you voted.

Which reminds me:

So, did you ever explain exactly what the case against me you liked was? It’s quite possible I missed it if you did, so please link to it. Otherwise, please justify your vote on me.

I strongly agree with this. We lynch our best shot at Scum. There’s no point to arguing what flavor of Scum they are.

I’m perfectly happy with Boozahol Squid’s lynch, but you are wrong in this quote. Players should be more concerned with the capabilities of their opponents. Figuring out how to counter Scum is the best thing we can talk about. It makes us aware of possible gambits they may take. And it forces Scum to talk about things they know that we don’t. (Hence the mistake Thing Fish made.)

Exactly. Players talking about Scum but showing little concern about them is one of those things we can catch them on.

And why would a Townie be thinking about other Town? Unless you’re a power role thinking about your own actions, there is little reason for Townies to think about their own team. Scum is what we should be looking for, and Scum is what we should be thinking about, and Scum is what we should be talking about.

DAY THREE VOTE COUNT
As a quick reminder - there are no powers, hidden or open, that can affect the vote count. If you see an apparent discrepancy, it’s the result of moderator error.

Boozahol Squid (7)
Captain Klutz (45), EnderW24 (102), Biotop (180), snfaulkner (192), Hooker Chemical (262), DiggitCamera (288), Meeko (302), Hawkeyeop (320)

Prof. Pepperwinkle (3)
Pleonast (121), Nanook (152), bufftabby (197)

DiggitCamara (3)
Paulwhoisaghost (20), Totallost (172), GuiriEnEspana (263)

Khameleon (2)
Johnny Bravo (26), Prof. Pepperwinkle (154)

Hal Briston (2)
Plumpudding (298), Hockey Monkey (305)

Hooker Chemical (1)
Lakai (46)

Meeko (1)
Boozy (314)

TexCat(1)
Hoopy Frood (315)

*“Hey, paulwhoisaghost and AngelOfTheNorth, get a room!” – Anonymous contest winner. *

**ToDay, the top vote getter will die of course. The second vote getter will die if he/she reaches 14 votes. Story seems like he will be ending the Day right exactly on time so, be prompt with your actions!

The Day will end on Sunday at 3:00 Eastern.

Here is a countdown to that time.**

Diggit mentioned this quote of Boozahol’s back in his case earlier toDay:

Reading it again, I get a real scummy vibe off it. He distances himself from the Lakai lynch, but doesn’t argue against it and then generically smudges everyone who voted after whatever he decides is the very end of the day. Vague, smudgey and wishy-washy.

Vote Boozahol Squid

I’m not over Prof. P though and in the unlikely event that we actually manage to get within reaching distance of utilizing the multilynch, I could be persuaded to move my vote.

Story seems like he wants to end the Day early.

I don’t like **Meeko **'s explanation-free vote and I struggle to understand much of what he has been doing this game. I have never played in a game with **Meeko **before. Other than this vote on you, what else do you see that makes **Meeko **scummy as opposed to…different?

So, the whole thing was a ruse, then? I spent 3+ hours just to be mocked? Or did YOU find anything useful in those pages of data?

But, why vote for me when you figure the Wolves will NK me, right?

I realize I’m getting votes for being noncombative, compliant, funny, helpful, &c. &c. &c., but that’s how I play and that’s who I am.

Regarding not remembering past games? Why should I? I don’t really need that kind of trivia of a day-to-day basis. I try to stay focused in this game.

Superbowl Sunday in the USA.

These aren’t mutually exclusive things. An action can both be helpful towards town and more likely to have been done by a scum.

Catching up, was on unexpected work travel in the early part of the week with no opportunity. I’m hoping to have some kind of preliminary vote analysis but I’m also having trouble adapting my model to the idea of two scum teams.

On initial read of the day:

I was already previously happy with both the multilynch and the Prof as a scum candidate.

vote Prof Pepperwinkle

I meant because Story said yesterday that there was a little less than 48 hours left. I am pretty sure we still have more than 48 left now, almost a day later.

I understand. I am denying that talking about Scum is more likely done by Scum. It’s more likely done by Town.

And talking about Town is more likely to be done by Scum. Because they have a lot to gain while we do not.

There are 21 votes out of a possible 39. If Scum cast late votes it won’t matter because Town will be casting a lot of late votes as well, if this trend continues.

Well, it was D2, and there were 8 non-votes, on D3 there were just 2, one of whom did vote but it was not counted due to format. ToDay no-one is at risk of being mod-killed so I disagree with your take on things.

Not sure about doing it without qualms - they’ll need to have extra strong reasons to vote those players who were previously on their town leans list, and as the game progresses, while usually town would have better reads on people and therefore stronger leans, they should become more reserved and conservative - so it would be careless to go throwing names around early on, but heck, I’m not going to discourage it!

I was with you on SNF, just after you’d unvoted, as were Texcat and Koldanar.

What’s the slip? Garlic & waxing?

What does the “if needed” mean, do you find her more solidly scummy than Boozy? Or that you’re vote is fluid? Boozy, Diggit or Koldonar are fine.

It’s the words you used. Mislynch is a bad thing, so applying it lynching scum is strange. Lynching one type of scum being better than the other also struck me as strange when we need to remove them all to win.

The rest of your post then goes on to overturn that and says we should vote wolves - as if we were choosing not to:

• lynching wolves helps mafia
  • it’s better if mafia try to kill wolves
  • it’s better for us to try to lynch mafia
  • eliminating wolves helps town (one less kill, mafia need to fake-hunt)
  • it’s good to put pressure on wolves by voting them
  • wolves will need to kill mafia to stay in the game
  • mafia don’t need to focus on wolves
  • if we keep pressure on wolves, they will take out mafia
  • lynching mafia directly is better in the short term
  • lynching wolves is bad in the short term but forces them to kill mafia

I agree that a lylo we would need to consider this and tread carefully, if we have that luxury.

You feel weird to me. Who do you want to lynch toDay?

As time goes on and we get more info, we likely will begin to tell the difference between mafia and wolves, through voting patterns, interactions, and detective reveals. There probably will come a time where it’s going to matter from which side we choose to lynch. Especially because the only thing we seem to have right now is the lynch if the vig is truly leashed.

Since when is discussing long term plans a bad thing? Am I supposed to have waited until later in this game to bring it up? What if I’m dead before then? What time do you think it should be brought up?

Or do you think it’s a bad idea to discuss this in general? If so, why?

You too, Pleonast. Since you agree with her, why do you think it’s so bad?

I rest my case on why tie votes are bad.

Q.E.D.

What Hoopy said. Is there a list of acceptable topics?

I have no desire to sue you but did you at least comment on the competing cases - apart from trusting crys and sache, other bandwagons, raise other suspicions? Or did you find a nice comfy seat and park yourself?

Really depends on the SK wincon but they are usually win stealing and don’t care if they kill town or scum.

Well, it works both ways. If you’re town, there’s a vig, and who knows what other killing powers out there, so a response could have been relevant.