Mafia Reunion - Day Three

I don’t like the case against either Idle Thoughts or Prof. Pepperwinkle. Everyone seems to be voting for Idle because he’s been lurking and because he’s being defensive about it. That’s actually the same reason Lakai V.1.0 was lynched on Day One. I didn’t like that case then and I don’t like it now. Lurking isn’t helpful for the town, but it doesn’t mean someone is scum.

The case against Prof. Pepperwinkle seems to rest on him advocating for a bad strategy. You can argue that this strategy favors scum and therefore he’s also scum, but I don’t want to jump to that conclusion at the moment. It’s just as likely that he’s town who thought of a bad play.

I also do not like how quickly a bandwagon formed around these two players with almost very little in way of the evidence against them.

Instead of voting for these two, I’m voting for Hockey Monkey because I don’t like her bandwagon voting for the last three days:

She voted for all these players after a few other players voted for them and they are all votes agreeing with the existing case against these people.

In this game with two scum teams, I think it’s easy for the town to get lead astray by bandwagon voting. One or two players from one scum team can build a case against someone for a suspicious post, and then the second scum team, seeing a case being built against a town person and not one of their team, will jump in on the lynch. Like two small waives building into a tidal wave against a town person.

That’s my working theory. And Hockey Monkey has too many bandwagon votes so that’s why I will vote Hockey Monkey.