Man gives shirt off his back to recent crime victim shivering in the cold.

I’m almost speechless at the kindness and generosity that our fellow man is capable of showing. It’s one thing to talk about helping or mailing in a check to a charity. This is walking the walk.

"This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers and sisters. If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need but has no pity on him, how can the love of God be in him? Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth." 1 John 3:16-18 NIV

Ignoring the Bible quote, thank you for posting this, genuinely. I just read the other thread about the NYE rapes/sexual assaults, and in it was a story of another situation, well before that, in which a teen girl was sexually assaulted, and then, when three men found her, they raped her again, instead of helping her.

I mean, I like to think that most men are decent folk, and upon finding a raped teen girl, their protective instincts would kick in and they would automatically take care of her. Not so these fuckers!

So thank you for sharing a good story. No sarcasm.

Positive news seems so rare these days. I know people do good things every day and we never hear about it. They aren’t note worthy enough to get phoned into the newsroom or editors reject them.

It brightens my day when one of these stories does get reported. It helps make up for the terrible news that I see day after day. I often just read the story line and don’t click anymore. I’ve read too many crime stories lately and care to read another one for awhile.