Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas everybody!

Much love to all Dopers! You guys are the best people in the planet. Hope your holidays are perfect and 2012 knocks your socks off!!

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good day and dinner and gift exchange and Pepto Bismol shot later on. :slight_smile:

Feliĉan Kristnaskfeston! Joyeux Noël! Merry Christmas!

I hope everyone had a nice holiday of their own persuasion. Our Christmases have always been very quiet and low-key, as it’s always just me and my youngest son on that day- Thanksgiving was always the big family day but not Christmas. We decided to go to Golden Corral- not somewhere we normally go but they are open on this day, I didn’t feel like cooking, and we went there last year so it’s almost a tradition now- and it was interesting. There was a lady in front of us in line (out the door!) that was by herself, and a man in front of her that was by himself, and after chatting while waiting in line, we decided to just all eat together. So that was different, and if nothing else, as I told my son, for years now we’ll be able to say, “hey, remember that Christmas we ate with those strangers at Golden Corral?” So, yeah, it wasn’t so bad. :slight_smile:

I just have to count my blessings, as I near my 57th birthday(on NYE!:p)

Both my sisters alive and well, their husbands and kids. Parents that will be celebrating their 60th anniversary in the new year. Two cats and a dog that love me. Fairly decent health, aside from a little incipient arthritis. A job. Friends. The SDMB of course!!! A church I love.

And a grandmother who just celebrated her 107th birthday 12/17/11.

It’s been a good Christmas, and I hope you all have a happy and blessed new year as well.

I hope everyone had a good one, got some nice swag, and had some nice family and/or friends to share it with. Sorry I got in a little late.

Have a Patrick Swayze Christmas!

Hey, that’s really nice! Years ago there used to be a bar here that would sponsor a free Christmas dinner/party for anyone who had nowhere to go on Christmas Day. I think they even hired a guy to play Santa and give out little presents. The paper would cover it, and they got all kinds of people, not just, like, homeless shelter types. Then the bar changed hands and it all came to an end. Oh, well.