Michigan "football?"

I’m sorry, I can’t imagine this. Cubs World Series win - yes. All the people, living life in peace - yes. Big 10 5-0 on New Year’s Day - not a chance.

Hypotheticals do not have to be ‘reasonable’ :smiley:

I thought it was
"S"chedule
"E"asy
"C"ompetition

Alabama may be the better team, but at the end of the day they still gotta live in Alabama.

I’ve been to Michigan in the winter. I’ll take Alabama. It’s nicer.

Hey, whatever works for you. You’ll be dripping in sweat in June while we’re enjoying cool summer breezes.

Actually, I’ll be dripping in sweat in MAY, and loving it. Fuck winter.

too bad, facts do not support this theory.

How about the array of teams that the Big 10 played on Sept 25th, 2010:

Indiana vs Akron
Iowa vs Ball St
Michigan vs Bowling Green
Mich St vs Northern Colorado
Minnesota vs Northern Illinois
Northwestern vs Central Michigan
Ohio St vs East Michigan
Penn St vs Temple
Purdue vs Toledo
Wisconsin vs Austin Peay
Illinois (idle)

Nebraska is getting the hang of it too, as they played South Dakota State that day.

Lets look at some objective calculations,Jeff Sagarin formulas:

Big 10: Best Minnesota at #38, Worst is Indiana at #77, Average 57.4
SEC: Best South Carolina at #14 Worst is Kentucky at #61 Average 28.4

Yikes, the SEC’s average schedule ranking is tougher than the Big 10’s toughest. And all but 2 of the SEC teams had tougher schedules than the Big 10’s toughest schedule.

OOOOPPPPSSSSS!

Yeah, but…it’s Alabama.

I’d be a lot happier to live in either if one of Michigan or Alabama had an NFL team.

Meh. I can’t visit your site to verify right now, it’s blocked by my organization. Everybody fills up on cupcakes to some degree.

Let us not forget that the bowl games are often virtual home games for the SEC. Personally, I’d like to see the SEC play some of the northern bowls.

I’ve lived in a number of US states, yet I keep coming back to Bama. It’s better here. It really is. From the natural beauty to the real estate prices, to the overall demeanor of the people, to the football, to the weather. It’s better. Sure, it has some drawbacks, but what place doesn’t?

Siiiigh. It’s always something, isn’t it?

And FTR, only the human part of the BCS formulas was over-rating the conference compared to the computers.

Computers ranked Wisconsin at 5,4,10,12,12,8.
Computers ranked Ohio St at 6,6,7,13,16,10.
Computers ranked Mich St at 7,8,12,15,14,11.

People voted Wisconsin #4 in both polls, Computers average 8.3.
People voted Ohio St #6 in both polls, computers average 9.8.
People voted Mich St #7 in both polls, computers avg 11.2.

It appears that computers were doing a better job than the voters after the New Years Days results.

That is too easy of setup, so I am not going to take the cheap shot.

Well, just once I’d like to see the SEC-Big Ten bowls played in the Metrodome, Ford Field, and whatever that dump in Indy is called.

The anticipated spike in local suicides was deemed to be unacceptable. Though I suppose tonnes of snow and a collapsed roof would stand more chance of stopping the Tide than the Spartan ‘defense.’

'If you build it, they will come" or more appropriately, if you pony up the money, they will come.

It would make more sense for the Big 10 to schedule this type of game at an outdoor facility like Soldier Field. Playing an SEC team in any dome might not be the best idea.