[QUOTE=Helen’s Eidolon]
I think this one needs some elucidation.
[/QUOTE]
Higher School Certificate exams are set by the Board of Studies. In Mathematics there are several levels: “General Maths” which is the lowest level but it’s not easy stuff but it’s more applicable to real life situations such as accounting and business, “Mathematics (Two unit)” is standard maths (all subjects are two units, except for extensions which count for one. You must do ten units to complete your higher school certificate and get a ranking for university entrance based on year results plus end of year exam results), “Extension 1” is worth one unit and done in conjunction with “Mathematics”, it’s also called ‘three unit maths’ by the students.
When setting the two unit Mathematics exam, the Board of Studies can put in up to 20% preliminary work (work learned in the previous year rather than last year of high school) and 5 - 10% three unit/extension 1 work. This means that in order to get 100% in your Maths exam, you have to be a three unit student. There is an Extension 2 or four unit but it’s fairly different and has a different exam altogether whereas three unit girls do the Maths 2 unit paper and a seperate 3 unit paper. It blows because I could have done Three Unit but chose not to because I knew I wouldn’t be able to give it the time and effort to do exceptionally well in it but rather that I could do two unit and do exceptionally well in that. But it turns out I can’t for a variety of reasons, most being my own but this also compounds the issue and the reason it’s a mini rant is because it’s not a huge deal but it still pisses me off!
[QUOTE=Roonwit]
Dear Summer,
It was nice to have you visit, and we look forward to seeing you again next year. But it’s freaking November, for fuck’s sake. How the hell am I suppposed to snuggle up in front of the fireplace with Mama if you keep hanging around? Don’t you have an appointment to keep in Australia, or something?
[/QUOTE]
To Summer,
WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU?! It’s fucking cold and piss-pouring down over here! I work in a goddamn open garden centre cafe! I’d prefer not to freeze my tits off because we also lose customers.
BRING IT!
Me.
Dear Middle-schoolers,
You see this jersey? You see how much taller I am than you? I’m a fucking senior and I’m in the middle of my goddamn final exams and after this I will never have to see you ever the fuck again.
But until that point, get your head up and watch where you’re fucking going! Yes I just elbowed you sharply in your freshly sprouted tits because YOU JUST SHOULDERED ME IN THE TENDER FLESH OF MY ARM! GET THE FUCK TO ONE SIDE AND DON’T WALK FOUR ABREAST DOWN THE SENIORS CORRIDOR!
We’re bigger than you, we’re bitchier, yes we’re fatter because we’re fucking stressed out. We walk down the left handside of the corridor dodging bags and locker doors, don’t chat idly to your BFF (trust me, in a year you’ll wonder wtf) whilst coasting down the hall. The corners of your folder covered in doodles are fucking sharp 'kay? So are the teeth of the caffeine crazed year twelves. I’m the nice one, despite all other appearances. I’m also the sane one less likely to snap because I get everything out here.
Don’t die in a fire, just get out of the way
Me.
Dear youngest-in-our-group friends,
Stop bitching about not being eighteen yet and how long it will be until you’re old enough to go out with everyone in our group. I’m the same age as the people in the year below us. As a goddamn year eleven. It will be a full five months before I can go out with our group after you’re able to. Do you really think by then anyone in our group is going to be interested in showing me around?
Love,
Me.
Dear older friends,
Stop teasing me about being the youngest in our group. No one outside it would know it if you didn’t point it out to them. Hell, YOU DIDN’T realise until I pointed it out.
Love,
Me.
P.S. Thanks for making it impossible for us to hang out as a group after formal because you all want to go out to the city.
Dear friends in general,
Stop bitching me out for only coming up to Schoolies overnight. Unlike all of you who live in your bloody high class bubble, I absolutely refuse to ask my dad to pay $800 for me to sit around some far too expensive house all week because I will still be the only one who isn’t eighteen and I know you guys will ditch me and get me to pick you up. Go fuck yourselves and think again. And M., I appreciate that you’ve organised prices for everything. Don’t bitch to me about my boyfriend not coming. Do you think I’m pleased with this arrangement? Don’t whinge to him about him not coming. The frequency and level of your whinging is slightly suspicious in light of previous events.
Get over yourselves,
Me.
Dear boyfriend,
I’m trying my damndest to make some time for you. Would it kill you to return the favour? I go away for two weeks to return ON OUR ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY. I love you and I want to see you more.
Love,
Me.
Dear group in general,
Please stop dating each other’s exes after consoling the dumped girl. It’s tacky. Stop recycling the limited group of men and find your own damn boys outside the group. I know you know some.
Love
Me.
Dear “friend”,
I have so much to say to you concerning dating someone’s much-loved ex, deciding that you liked someone else’s much-loved ex and would date then once you broke up with previously mentioned ex and how you’re basically a back stabbing ho who can’t keep your mouth shut but instead I’ll just thank you for keeping me entertained with a high drama quota.
Smiles
Me.
Man, I have issues with my friendship group…probably a good thing I’m only really close to three of them…