Misread thread titles

This one has been pissing me off since it appeared in New threads three days ago and for … reasons … I’ve not cleared my New backlog so I keep tripping over it every few hours. Gaaah

‘Unfrosted’ trailer drops. Anybody gonna watch the movie?.

I guess I don’t misread it so much as misunderstand it.

I read “unfrosted” as the opposite of frosted. As in cakes, buns, flakes, and other food items lacking a glaze. I read “trailer” as “device pulled behind a truck or car”, and “drops” as the noun for a viscous liquid poured sparingly onto a whatever. Eyedrops, food coloring drops, drip-on surface lubricant, etc.

So I’m left trying to figure out what sort of unglazed food drizzle is best applied to a hauling trailer. And/or what the difference is between a frosted and an unfrosted hauling trailer. And how such a drizzle can be a not-glaze at the same time! Holy Brain-twister, Batman!! Gaah!

So now I’m three words into the title and I’m mainly wondering why the OP was insane enough to suggest such a surreal idea. Then he suddenly alludes to a movie and I have mental whiplash all over again.

I have to read it 2 or 3 times to switch to “trailer” as “short advertising clip for a movie”, “drops” as “Is released to distribution”, and eventually “Unfrosted” must be the title of some entertainment I’ve never heard of. Which should be italicized in most style guides, but Discourse won’t let us do that in titles.

It’s exhausting to see this damned thread. Now that I’ve vented, I’ve marked it read so it won’t bug me again.

Gee thanks there @solost! :grin: