Misinterpreted thread titles

In the “Misread thread titles” thread I keep posting stuff where I technically read all the words correctly, but my brain interpreted it completely differently from what the poster intended. So I figured it’s time to start a separate thread just for that.

A Few Questions About Vegas

I keep reading that as “A few questions about [Chevy] Vegas”, as in the much maligned 1970s subcompact cars. Maybe I read too many car blogs, and I just saw a posting on barnfinds.com this morning for a Pontiac Astre (A badge engineered Vega).

You’ve just touched on what my brain does by default. I swear it has fun at my expense. For instance, just tonight, I stopped by Office Despot.

As for thread titles, I spend a lot of time in the Pit, so I’m always reading (and sometimes saying out loud) "Omnibinus Trolls R Us" and "Omnibinus Religious Fucks" (it’s pronounced om-NIB-i-nuss, and makes me smile).

Also “A Perfectly Reasonable Amount of Shoutin’ Freud”, and “It Wasn’t a Coup” gets pronounced "It Wasn’t a Coop-de-Doop!"

Smoking fish

I see someone in the thread had the same thought I did:

I didn’t want to hijack this thread:

Negroni to be banned?

But, I see a few people mistakenly though Negroni was a Doper who presumably was about to be banned. I did not think that; I knew a Negroni was a cocktail. But I took the title to mean the FDA or similar regulatory body was considering banning the actual drink. I was wondering if there was some emerging evidence that that particular cocktail was linked to negative health effects, moreso than alcohol in general.

“Get on the fucking airplane or I’ll blow your fucking head off” works. Short, simple, and to the point.

Indiana Jones and the Dial Of Obesity

It was inevitable after all that snacking on the set.

Blind troubleshooting by a probable crook:

My brain parsed “slit” as a slang term for a certain portion of anatomy.

That’s embarrassing. Does it count as misinterpreted when its actually misspelled!?

You did it in the title and the post. :grinning:

I know. LOL. It had a red underline, and I was like “There’s no way this is two words, but whatever…” If the computer says it’s wrong as one word, but right as two, who am I to argue. By my final post, I realized it’s an “i”, not a “y”. :smack:

When I read Why does skiplagging work?, I’ve been misparsing it as being ski-plagging, a heretofore unknown verb involving snow skis and either an awesome slope maneuvre or a novel sex act, or some combination thereof.

International cricket rolling thread

Don’t the legs and wings make it difficult to roll them?

If it was easy, there wouldn’t be a 2700+post thread on it

“What is it?” – wherein we consider an object from an goldfish movie

I think it’s a plastic frogman opening a treasure chest, but the bubbles make it hard to see.

There is a new thread about if skiplagging should be allowed, and I dug this thread up to post something similar.

I think plagging skis should be allowed, but not in competition.

I prefer android-based finger foods.

I mentioned this in the thread itself, but my brain keeps wanting to interpret The Bob Ross of X? as a thread about a person who is the Bob Ross of the site formerly known as Twitter.

Bumping this with a classic. No, it isn’t about someone who, despite previously thinking they never would, now habitually goes to movies featuring Johnny Depp.

How many Reps (and which ones) would it take to break this logjam?

My mind assumes this thread is asking about which exercise routines to do to resolve a bout of constipation.