MLB 2021 Playoffs

During the 2021 season, the BoSox hit 219 home runs, an average of 1.35 per game.

So they are almost doubling their home run numbers thus far in the postseason. Peaking, indeed.

With the Dodgers trailing Atlanta in the 8th inning, the announcers have mentioned a couple of times that the fans are leaving the stadium early.

Don’t Dodger fans have a reputation for leaving early, regardless of the score?

I have no idea if it’s generally true, but it’s been something that TV announcers have told me about during Dodgers games for decades, so it may have trope status at this point.

And, on cue, LA scores 4 to take the lead going into the ninth.

The few Dodgers games I’ve been to I didn’t really notice anything out of the unusual as opposed to other ballparks, and I’ve been to a lot of parks.

The Dodgers have sold more tickets than any other sports team, ever. Ever, in any sport, anywhere in the world. Since moving to LA they have led the league in attendance more years than they haven’t. They’ve led every year since 2013. Say what you will about how the fans try to avoid LA traffic; they show up.

Astros bats making a lot of noise in the ninth, helped by some shaky Sox defense.

It doesn’t rain but it pours runs in the ALCS for some reason.

driving into and out of dodger stadium is horrible … you drive through a hilly state park on a two-lane road that on game days can actually back up to the freeway and cause a traffic jam…

Not to mention some truly horrible umpiring. We should not know the name of umpires, but I knew it would be bad with Laz Diaz.

That is a great point. Castro drove in the first two runs with a two-out single. But 2 pitches earlier, he took what certainly looked like strike three, which would have ended the inning with no runs scored.

My bad…it was a one-RBI single.

:sneaks into thread and gets my white flag back, and runs like hell:

That fat lady hasn’t sung yet!

Maybe this will help (should it happen):

Now if they can get MetroLink to coordinate schedules out to the hinterlands, we might have something. Driving 10 miles to the nearest MetroLink station sounds a lot better than doing the 210/134/2 routine.

We almost had three straight games of 9-2, 9-2, 9-2 in the NLCS and ALCS…

The NLCS is just an 8th inning Cody Bellinger miracle away from having been a Braves sweep. Raise your hand if you saw that coming.

You can walk from Union Station to the stadium in about 20 minutes.

I don’t really follow baseball much, but have gotten caught up in the playoffs this year because a lot of my family and friends are fans of one of the last four teams.

Have the NLCS and ALCS games been unusually high scoring? There have been nine or more runs scored in every game but one so far. Somehow I have the impression that (a) a “normal” baseball score is more like 3-1 than 9-2 or even 5-4 and (b) teams with the best pitching are supposed to get deep into the playoffs rather than teams with the best hitters.

Google Maps put it at 41 minutes / 1.9 miles.

Considering we’re almost exactly where we were last year I’m not shocked especially since injuries have really hammered the Dodgers this year.