Mmp mmb mmp

The Spanish name is so much more colorful. We call naps before lunch la siesta del carnero, the ram’s nap.

Yesterday, I was about to get into the shower, and DH stopped me. Apparently, I had an unwelcome passenger. Cleverly hiding on my side was a tick.

A tick? TICK! Kill it! Killitkillitkillitkillit!

Mmmmmmmmp

Morning all! There’s a coffee shop only about a block away that does the most delicious frozen coffee – absolutely delightful, and I may splurge today 'cos it’s Monday and I’m in a foul mood.

Send him to me and I’ll feed him to my Nepenthes.

Yup, Monday Blues here too.

Mr. Teeth Sucker is already busily sucking at his teeth at record breaking decibals. Ugh.

The visit with my daughter and her sweetie was very nice. They smoked up a pork shoulder in the smoker it was very tasty indeed.

I came in to work to find out my main data mining system is down…yet again…and they don’t know when it’ll be up. It pretty much puts a large crimp in getting anything useful accomplished as I need this system for the majority of my work.

Vacation cannot arrive soon enough…

Happy Monday All. I took a sick day to nurse my sore back. Why do I feel guilty for taking off?

It is a very pretty day here after rain all weekend.

Don’t feel guilty, Buttercup. I came in a half-hour late because I wanted to make lunch and mostly I just didn’t feel like being at work. At least you’ve got a good reason.

In other news, somehow forgot my purse at home this morning, so I’m sucking down office coffee. :frowning: It’s just not the same.

Oh my goodness, I left the coffee pot on!
Silly me, I’d better go home and turn it off.
:slight_smile:

Howdy Y’all! Sneakin’ in a **N.O.L.**time post. Go soapy! I shall also be without adult supervision for a couple of days. OYKW called me to let me know his mom called to tell him an aunt (wife of one of his father’s brothers) died and the funeral will be on Wednesday. He decided to pack and go on over to the wilds of West Alabammy today and will be back he says late Wednesday evenin’ as the funeral is on Wednesday mornin’. I promised to stay out of trouble. He kinda didn’t want to go but like he said there are so few of that generation remainin’ he feels obligated.

Howdy kmshrader! A nickname will be assigned when somebody gets around to it. We’re kinda willy-nilly like that around here.

Hope your back feels better Butters.

Ok, gonna eat my sammich now. Laterz!

GMTA, **swampy **- I’m taking a lunch break, too. I’ve had a lot of clay time so far this morning.

I’ve got 7 pieces out being dried via fan - I’ll be able to trim them and put them on the drying shelves this afternoon. I also made a big bowl that looks like a giant flower. I lined a large bowl with newspaper, then cut out “leaves” and “petals” and arranged them so they’d droop over the edge of the bowl. Then I put a big round piece in the center to finish it off. Once it dries some more, I can take it out of the bowl and put some feet on the bottom.

And I put feet on a monster jar that is now done and drying. At a minimum, I’m going to try to throw a few more dog dishes, since my sister and my shop specifically requested them. I kinda wish my pottery wasn’t so popular - this is going to turn into a real job!! :eek:

Welcome, kmshrader! In my mind I’m already calling you Kim, but if that’s your real name, it just won’t do as a nickname. Nicknames are a serious business in the MMP, you know… :wink:

Have you a kiln, FairyChat?

Sweet & sour chicken TV dinner for lunch.

Yum. :rolleyes:

flytrap, I have a kiln, and a wheel, and a slab roller, and a wedging table, and all kinds of cool tools and glazes and stuff. I came into this hobby late in life when my daughter was on her own and I had money to spend! :smiley:

FairChatMom: No, my name isn’t Kim, though it is rather close. :confused:

You sound like you’re having the most fun day of any of us. What I wouldn’t give to have my hands in some clay! (No, I have no artistic skill whatsoever; I just find it fun.)

FCM, I love the idea of the flower bowl!! I may really have to look into that as a hobby for myself, AFTER I’m back at a regular job; you are definitely inspiring!

It is slightly overcast here, with storms predicted for the last few days but nothin’ actually happening. The cats are wondering why mom keeps moving things around and taking things outdoors and NOT BRINGING THEM BACK!

I keep wanting to take them to the new place and let them run around, but we have just the one carrier, and I’m not sure it’s big enough to handle both of them without them freaking out.

Ok, I admit, I am not sure I could get them both IN there, not without physically stuffing them in there like a pair of furry socks. :stuck_out_tongue: I figure if I’m going to traumatize them with that, might as well just do it the one time, next week when we officially, hopefully, move in.

Fridge was not delivered yesterday; at 3, when we still hadn’t heard anything from Lowes, we called to ask what was up, and got told that the model we were told was available isn’t. :confused: Guess they thought they had one more in the back that they don’t. I love Lowes, but I am :dubious: about this. So today they are looking for one available somewhere else they can bring to us, but we are in the middle of almost-nowhere, closest city with a Lowes is 100 miles in either direction, so I suspect tonight we’ll be back at Lowes looking at ANOTHER fridge. Which is a shame, as I really liked the one we picked out. Cheap and cute and plenty of room. And NOT white.

Ok, one more coffee before I start lugging more stuff. Tata loaned us the pickup truck over the weekend to move some things, then said just to keep it the whole week. This makes me VERY happy; with just one car, MrTao’s been going to work with it, while I sit around the house wishing I could move things. Taking him to work and keeping the car isn’t an option with his summer schedule; between that and the gym and working off-site on occasion, it just doesn’t work as a daily thing. So now I can do whatever I want, wheeee!!

Which, right now, is to have some coffee.

If they won’t fit in the carrier, why don’t you try putting them in a bag; I hear that’s pretty easy. :rolleyes:

Hold your ground with Lowe’s. I ended up getting a two-model upgrade on my microwave when they didn’t have the one they let me order; didn’t pay anything extra.

My Monday has been busy so far. Lots going on and then a confernce call in about an hour.

I also have to update my tracking spreadsheet of doom and get it sent out to the relevent peeps who need it.

But I am scarfing down a huuuuge green salad and quickly surfing then I will head back to the grindstone.

Conference call. I can haz martini?

Oy, “at will” employment sucks. DH came home about 7 hours early today. :mad: His direct manager loves him, but her manager didn’t think he was “up to par” so he’s out. The funny thing is that his manager is none too happy about the continued interference with her staff, so they’re apparently also planning to give notice, so the store manager will get the staff she deserves.

I had a conference call too. doggio brilliant idea! Next scheduled conference call I’ll bring in a Thermos[sup]TM[/sup] of martinis. :smiley:

I am home from irk. BLT for dindin cause it’s too hot to make a real meal and BLT’s are nummy.

ETA gotti sorry about DH’s job. Hopefully he’ll find sump’n else soon.