More Muslim Marvelousnous

There are numerous evils which are unique to Islam, and Islam,
in fact, is the greatest threat to peace in the world today. It is
not a small threat, either, but one commanding tens and even
hundreds of millions of fanatics.

Don’t play dumb.

Most Christain sects believe that Christ WAS God,
and most also believe in an entity called The Holy Ghost,
and all believe that Christ’s ministry was final.

There is also some tension, is there not, between a God
who says of the adultress “Let he who is without sin
cast the first stone” and a God who says: “Stone her”.

Or when they hear about Christians picketing the funerals of gay teenagers, or bombing abortion clinics and killing doctors, or any number of other vile acts. Those wacky Christians! Of course when a Christian does something abhorrent, it’s just the actions of a lone extremist, whereas when a Muslim does something abhorrent it’s because 100% of them are teh evil.

I didn’t say that Muslims and Christians were identical, I said they were extremely similar.

Well, for starters Mary Magdalene wasn’t an adulterer and second of all Muslims believe that story and parable as well.

Remember, according to traditional Islamic teaching Jesus(Issa) was a Muslim prophet and the Messiah.

Absent scientific polling I cannot speak for anyone but myself.

However, I think it is a safe guess that over 90% of all Christians
worldwide would agree with me that such behavior is abhorrent.

Now, speaking of scientific polling, see page 14 of this link:

Pew Muslim Poll Results released 12/2/10

And try to follow some simple arithmetic:

Number of Muslims in countries polled:
(in millions)
74 Turkey
79 Egypt
6 Jordan
3 Lebanon
203 Indonesia
174 Pakistan
78 Nigeria
617million TOTAL combined Muslim population of the countries polled

Percentage of Muslims in countries polled favoring capital punishment for apostasy:
5 Turkey
84 Egypt
86 Jordan
6 Lebanon
30 Indonesia
76 Pakistan
51 Nigeria

Number Muslims multiplied by percentage favoring capital punishment for apostasy =
number Muslims favoring per country:
(in millions)
4 Turkey
66 Egypt
5 Jordan
0.2 Lebanon
61 Indonesia
132 Pakistan
40 Nigeria

**308 million TOTAL combined Muslim population of the countries polled favoring capital punishment for apostasy

308/617 = 50% = overall percentage favoring**

Percentage of Muslims in countries polled favoring stoning for adultery:
16 Turkey
82 Egypt
70 Jordan
23 Lebanon
42 Indonesia
82 Pakistan
56 Nigeria

Number Muslims multiplied by percentage favoring stoning for adultery =
number Muslims favoring per country:
(in millions)
12 Turkey
65 Egypt
4 Jordan
0.7 Lebanon
85 Indonesia
143 Pakistan
44 Nigeria

**353 TOTAL combined Muslim population of the countries polled favoring stoning for adultery

353/617 = 58% = overall percentage favoring**
I think it is likely that the 617 million sample population taken
from seven widespread countries is representative of the entire
Muslim World population.

I therefore condemn not all, but at least half of all Muslims for
religiously motivated violent depravity.

The differences between the three Abrahamic religions are as profound
as their similarities, and to call them “similar” is a misrepresentation.

I was not speaking of Mary Magdalene, but of the unnamed adulteress
of John 8 1-7:

Remember that according to Christian teaching the line of prophets
ended with Christ, and that no Christian recognizes Mohammed as
a prophet of God.

Darn, another escapee from the moron factory.

I condemn them too, in the strongest terms (see, in big letters and everything). I’m sure, upon hearing this news, they will stop immediately.

Could a mod fix the thread title? I’m inured to magellan01 being a fucking idiot, but “Marvelousnous” just keeps hanging out there and I feel it’s spreading an invisible stain all over the site.

At the risk of being declared “PC” by the Looney-Tunes Brigade around here, I have to point out that “religion” /= “culture.” The young girl died because her culture is a sick one and needs to be extirpated from the planet. To blame all followers of her religion for the sins of a few is…un-Christian.

Bad, bad fatwa! No biscuit!

And if not, at least you’ve Raised Awareness, which is just as good.

That story wasn’t about MM, although most people think it was.

What do Muslims think it meant to be “the Messiah”? Obviously, they don’t believe what Christians or Jews believe it means to be “the Messiah”.

I recommend to anyone who is interested an excellent book by Karen Armstrong, Islam: A Short History.

The faithful Muslim regards Jesus as a legitimate prophet, but refuse the notion of “Messiah”, as that imparts a divinity to Jesus that is anathema for them. Only Allah is Divine, prophets are human, they are the messengers and servants of God. Muslims also refuse to accept the Crucifixion, insisting that God would not permit such a thing to happen to one of His messengers.

The Koran explicitly demands the faithful Muslim will respect and protect the “People of the Book”, which means Christians and Jews, as being legitimate adherents to their own respective messengers. Historically, Muslims have found “loopholes” in this commandment, much the same way that Christians can find ways to justify violence. It takes a bit of imagination and a bit of fast footwork, but they manage. And like Christians and Jews, “originalist” Islamists condemn the loaning of money at interest (usury), but such is the very foundation of the Capitalist faith, so accommodations are found. God is God, of course, but business is business.

And so it goes.

I’ll probably take a lot of shit for saying this, but I think 14-year-old rape victims probably shouldn’t be whipped to death.

Props to magellan for having the stones to blaze that trail, knowing what the consequences would be in a liberal cesspool like this one. You’re a true inspiration, and I’ll be honored to hang on a cross beside yours.

Yo, Vinny! Can you see my house from there? Did I leave the lights on?

You reminded me that the mayor of my city is a Muslim - he’s probably working tirelessly to blow up all of Calgary. He only SEEMS like a nice, intelligent, competent person.

These are cultural problems, and not unique to Muslim societies. They may be using religion as a cover, but these atrocities really have their roots in the local culture more than the religion.

I don’t think there’s much point in trying to have a rational discussion with people who think that every Muslim on the planet is a monster.

What the book says is irrelevant. It’s what the people believe their religion says.

Just reading:

PEW (A nonpartisan US fact tank that provides information on the issues, attitudes and trends shaping America and the world through public opinion polling, …) found that 82% of Egyptians support stoning as a punishment for adultery, 84% favor death penalty for Muslims who leave the religion… (Time Magazine, February 14, 2011).