Most absurd celebrity crush

Vaderspal, I had a crush on Speed Racer too!

My most enduring nonsensical celeb crush, though, is Ian McKellen. I know–he’s much older, and gay, so yeah, but still, I had an amazing fling with him in a dream one night.

That depends. Is that with or without the golf? :smiley: And Otto, you know the type… like my ex-fiance from high school. His sporting attire completely high-lighted his uber geekiness. I didn’t need any help being identified as the future wife of the guy who wore argyle anything.

When I was 12, I developed a crush on Jane Pauley.

Feh, you’re not alone. I’m still carrying torches for Jack Buchanan (second photo down), John Gilbert, and Ramon Novarro.

Anne Hathaway. I’m 45, fat and a little disgusting; she’s yet to appear in a movie I’d consider seeing. But oh my God, wotta gal!

Zooey Deschanel, too. I have this thing about women with big, anime eyes.

I dig.

I had a crush on Christina Ricci. “But Troy,” you say, “there’s nothing weird about that!”

I dug her as Wednesday Addams.

Well, I’d recommend you rent Brokeback Mountain if for nothing else but being able to see Ms. Hathaway topless briefly.

I forgot to mention another ill-advised childhood crush: Tim Curry as Frank-n-Furter in The Rocky Horror Picture Show. Mr. Curry was the object of my one and only fan-letter, though I never ended up mailing it.

WRT dreams, I had a rather hot one about Ed Harris just a couple of nights ago. I mean, yeah, he’s a good looking guy, but there was no particular reason why I would expect him to, uh, pop up in my dreams that way.

How old are you? That’s more “creepy” than absurd.

I’d hang out with Det. Munch, drink, swap conspiracy theories but I’d much rather be with Ice T’s character, Fin. :wink:

In retrospect that’s probably not absurd, Ice-T’s a nice looking guy.

Another poster reminded me of Tim Curry. My crush was on him as Darkness in Legend, does that qualify?

MadTV’s Bobby Lee.

Please don’t tell anyone.

I have man-crushes on Bjork, Emiliana Torrini, and both Wilsons from Heart. It’s absurd man-crushes because I’m not attracted to their bodies or personalities per se, but their excellence in singing makes me…you know. It’s also absurd because I’m not really outgoing but I’m afraid that if I met them I’d offer to be their male groupie even though they wouldn’t be interested.

Hey, you know about Homicide: Life on the Street, right? That’s where I liked him back when I was a 22-year-old college student. If you haven’t seen it, you have seven years of Munchy goodness coming to you, and each episode he’s barely in is 50 times better than any SVU episode he’s barely in. Munch has always been tragically underused.

I’ve had plenty of unconventional celebrity/fictional character crushes, but one of my earliest was Kermit the Frog. Many years later I developed a thing for G’Kar on Babylon 5, so maybe I have some weird amphibian fetish. But I loved them for who they were, not what they looked like!

She’s two years older than me.

:confused: You sure about that? He had two wives and three children.

I have enough bizarre crushes to make an entire thread all by myself, but I’ll stick to the most important of “my men.”

JOHN C. MCGINLEY. Dear God, I find him to be soooo incredibly sexy. ::sigh::

I’m 27, and female if that matters.

The good news is, he was most likely bi.

The bad new is, he’s still very much dead.

In high school I had a crush on Margaret Tutwiler, the state Department spokesperson under President Bush. Do I win the thread?

I used to have a big crush on Missy Elliott. I don’t know what happened there, it’s some glitch. I have some kind of thing about overbites and it’s right out of control.