"Multi quote this message"

Does that do anything besides changing color when you click it? That’s a neat piece of functionality, but I think maybe I’m missing something else.

Click on a few of those multi-quote thingies and then hit the quote button on the last one and all the posts that you clicked will show up in the reply box.

I had to figure that one out on my own since no one in the MMP would help me out. :mad: :wink:

So I’m sharing my finding with you. I hope it helps. :cool:

Click it on a few messages, and then hit “quote” on one and see what happens.

Well, something happened, but I’m not sure what. I don’t know where that second quote came from, I’ve never seen it before.

Wow, a bonus! :stuck_out_tongue:

You can just hit the arrow next to the quote box to see where it came from. It’s another thread from this forum that you must have checked accidentally or was trying to quote before you got here.

Hey!! I wrote a whole thesis about it in the Current Update thread! :mad::smiley:

You’re hired! I can’t figure this stuff out. WHY is it so hard to use in this “state of the art” software?

Do I get a mug? Chocolate? Adoration of the little people?

Just to confuse the issue some more, you can also click on all the multi click thingies you want to quote, THEN click on the “Post Reply” button at the end of the thread, as I did here.

As soon as I find a chocolate mug of the adoring little people, I promise, it’s yours :smiley:

You, I like.

Any chance of getting this multi-quote business to work with quick reply? Surely I’m not the only one trying to maximize the efficiency of my time wasting efforts.

Is this a whoosh? :dubious:

Quick reply doesn’t have any quotes. That’s what makes it a quick reply. How could it have multi-quotes?

And if this is a whoosh, I’m not even going to feel bad about it. This place has gone so batty lately, I can’t even tell the difference.

test

But you can have it quote the post you are quick replying to… granted, it’s not the greatest idea ever, but it could save a few clicks.

Oh, OK sorry, I didn’t realize that. I thought that quick reply didn’t have quotes at all.

ETA: I clicked on two posts and then clicked on the quick reply and no quotes appeared. I’ll try just clicking on one post for the next post.

Does this work?

ETA: I tried clicking on one post, but the quote doesn’t show up in that either. Are you sure that one quote appears when you quick reply? If so, I can’t get it to work.

This is a test to see if we can Quick Reply and quote a message.

ETA : Indeed we can. After clicking the Quick Reply button, check the box for “Quote message in reply.” No text appears, but the system adds the quoted post when you submit the post.

Testing if MHaye’s method works with multiple quotes.

Looks like only one quote per reply.

Ah, OK thanks.

ETA: So if there were multiple quotes, you wouldn’t reply to each of them individually but both of them simultaneously. Do people do that a lot?