Mundane Jan 2000

The wife went to Wal Mart.

Well…I just woke up and my hubby had to go to work today for four hours, even though nothing happened at work with the computers. I only had three glasses of wine and half a glass of champagne, and passed out cold at 1 a.m. Really need to start drinking more, to build up that tolerance.

Shadowfox
“We are what we pretend to be.”

• Kurt Vonnegut

Spent the day taking down the Christmas decorations. The house looks so bare. Time to redecorate I think. Hmm purple and lime green sounds like a soothing color scheme.

I really try to be good but it just isn’t in my nature!

Went to the Virgin Megastore (that’s Virgin RECORDS for any of you wise-guys that may not know) to look around and ended up looking around to the tune of about $90. Ouch! Got a cool, cool laptop case that’s a backpack, the new Simpsons book, and although I was hoping to replace my George Harrison “Best of Dark Horse” CD they didn’t have it. For some reason I decided to settle for “The Best of Badfinger” which is not much to speak of, turns out.

For Xmas we bought the cat one of those 6ft tall monsterous scratching post/tree/furniture things. (After spending the last 3 years going “Ugh! Who would buy one of those hideous things!!!”) Oh, boy does he ever know it’s for him! It’s hilarious to watch him run straight up the side and pearch on the top like he’s king of the house, lol. It’s official – we’re crazy cat people, I suppose. :wink:

“Welcome to the Knowledgeum, I’m Troy McClure. You may remember me from such automated information kiosks as ‘Welcome to Springfield Airport’ and ‘Where’s Nordstrom?’”

::sigh:: PERCH, of course. Not peArch.

I have the Harrison thingie on tape, from a library CD. I’ll have to buy it, when the tape wears out. I hope it has Cracker Box palace, gotta check that tape.

It’s snowing here.
– Sylence

I don’t have an evil side. Just a really, really apathetic one.

Texas lost to Arkansas. :frowning:

I hate the Virgin Megastore. I went in there before the Bay Area Dopers meeting and I wanted everyone there to die. Well, not really, but I left after about five minutes.

Also, my mom has a quilt on the kitchen table, and the Rose Bowl is on the radio. I don’t care who wins. My dad is sort of rooting for Stanford, even though he went to Cal, because he says he always roots for the West Coast.

We have cheesecake and challah.

~Kyla

“You couldn’t fool your mother on the foolingest day of your life if you had an electrified fooling machine.”

I don’t have anything to say really, just thought I needed to post SOMETHING before this day was over.

I crave an art that passionately transcends the mundane instead of being a device for self-deception.–Griffin, from The Griffin and Sabine trilogy.

Drove back to town through a snow storm and thought about how great things are!!

We are, each of us angels with only one wing,and we can only fly by embracing one another

The Virgin megastore is on Market street?I spent about $100 there. I have no clear recollection what CDs I bought.

Sunbear: Have you ever seen the video for “Crackerbox Palace”? It premiered on a second-season episode of SNL. Paul Simon was the host, and Harrison shared the musical guest duties with him. This was way back in the day, even before HBO’s Video Jukebox, when only people with money to burn, like former Beatles, made “films” to promote their songs. The audience giggled at some of it; it was kind of silly, but it reminded me of the video for “Sledgehammer”. I think it may have been filmed at Harrison’s mansion.

Remember, I’m pulling for you; we’re all in this together.
—Red Green

This Y2K celebrating, staying up the extra 3 hours, has been rough. I didn’t get a nap, I tried.I’m going to bed.

Take care of Kellibelli.

Only a vague memory of the above video.It’s about some real character, the song.

I have acquired a freak infection and have had to learn to give myself IV antibiotics. It’s a process filled with tension and, at the same time, really boring.

Catrandom

My clingy houseguest FINALLY went home! She must’ve got the hint when I started falling asleep while she was talking, I think.

Also, re: the “Crackerbox Palace” video, I’ve seen it a couple of times at “Beatlefests” as well as other rarities like Ringo’s “Back Off Boogaloo.” It was filmed at the immense castle-like dwelling where he still resides today, I think. Stop-motion dancing garden gnomes and all like that. Silly costumes and I think Neil Innes and/or Eric Idle may have been spotted as well. No, now I’m thinking of the Rutles. Hmmm. I don’t remember if “Crackerbox Palace” was on that CD but I do remember it was the only place you could get the song he did for Lethal Weapon 2 (aside from the movie soundtrack.) I don’t remember a thing about the song except I loved it and used to run to the front of the theater and rock out when the customers left. :slight_smile:

Kyla, if you hated the Virgin Megastore, whatever you do DON’T go across the street to the new Old Navy flagship store! Aaaack! EEEEEEEEEVIIIIIIIIIL!

“Welcome to the Knowledgeum, I’m Troy McClure. You may remember me from such automated information kiosks as ‘Welcome to Springfield Airport’ and ‘Where’s Nordstrom?’”

My brother lives in the house we grew up in. Although he lives only a few miles away and I see him on a regular basis, I don’t make it a habit to wander around the house.

Today I had an incredible urge to be in my old bedroom. I lay on the carpet and just looked at the ceiling for about an hour just like I did when I was a teen. It was amazing at how familiar it still felt and I actually felt like I went back in time and was a teenager again.

>^,^<
KITTEN
Fluff yer hair Beula, I’s feelin frisky - M.S.

Today I fix the guts inside a toilet tank.All new plastic float etc. It was spraying out the top every time it filled.

*sunbear: Today I fix the guts inside a toilet tank.All new plastic float etc. It was spraying out the top every time it filled. *

Didn’t you get the Y2K upgrade for your toilet? :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I looked in the mirror today/My eyes just didn’t seem so bright
I’ve lost a few more hairs/I think I’m going bald - Rush