Musings from the head of a bad bad bad insomniac

1. What happened to the insomniac thread?
  2. Is Murdoch Mysteries popular in Canada? (calling @Spoons)
  3. All the movies and shows I’ve put on DVR, why do none of them appeal to me when I’m bored?
  4. Why do my cats sleep so peacefully and plot ways to annoy me?
  5. Where’s @sunnydaze
  6. Why do Whippoorwills sound so loud, when they’re never seen?
  7. Why do I have a voicemail box when I’ve never ever set one up?
  8. I’m considering an emotional support animal. Is that lame? I might use Clarence the 'possum.
    9.How long after you’ve bought furniture is it finally not the ‘new’ chair?
  9. I’m an empty nester. So why do all these baby birds still reside in my nest?
  10. Mr. Wrekkers cats name is ‘Cat’. I want my name to be ‘Human’. Will I be the first?

That should be @Sunny_Daze

Where do butterflies go when it rains?
Who goes around and tucks in the trains?
Why does a teddy bear like to sleep?
Why do we all make promises that we can’t keep?

Beck, I’m sure you’ve heard that song, long ago: “A Simple Man,” by Lobo.

The insomniac thread is likely buried, though I see no harm in starting a new one. As for “Murdoch Mysteries,” I’ve never seen the show, nor is it the subject of “water cooler” talk, as far as I can tell. Try “Schitt’s Creek,” where the exteriors are filmed in places I am very familiar with, and is often talked about today, even though the series has ended.

And cats–they plot ways to annoy you while they’re asleep. It’s their job. Remember, dogs have owners, while cats have staff. :wink:

I’ve been pondering than one for a while. When I see something on the TV schedule, I will be excited: “Hey! Cool! I’ve got to tape that!”.

Once it’s on my DVR, the urgency vanishes. I have it. I can watch it whenever I want. I intend to watch it someday. But not today.

Yo! I’m here. How are you doing?

Hey, girl.
I’m pretty good.

First @burpo_the_wonder_mutt , I was afraid to click your linky. But I did. That was funny right there :rofl:

1. Why are carpenters pencils wide and flat? Is there an easy way to sharpen them?

2. Why must I vex my pea brain so much? When I could be napping.

1. They sleep peacefully because they plot ways to annoy you. Annoying you reinforces their superiority. Having established how they’ll keep you in your place, they sleep the sleep of the just.

2. I thought Bayliss was your emotional support animal. And a wonderfully supportive critter he is. Clarence is interesting, but how supportive is he, really?

3. You know everyone would call you “Huey” for short, right?

Nope. Not gonna be Huey.

Bayliss is always my first choice.
But Clarence is uniquely qualified. Just think of the looks and questions I’ll get. Nevermind. Someone might try to hug me or some shit.

Oo, this is perfect! Bayliss is your emotional support animal. Clarence is your emotional f----off animal. Nobody wants to hug Clarence. Get yourself one of these and a pair of these and nobody’s going to be hugging you. In fact, they’ll back off slowly, flinging money at you and smiling ingratiatingly.

All the movies and shows I’ve put on DVR, why do none of them appeal to me when I’m bored? - - You obviously don’t have a copy of Flash Gordon, with the Queen soundtrack, or a copy of The Comedy of Errors by the Flying Karamazov Brothers.

Why do Whippoorwills sound so loud, when they’re never seen? - - Megaphones?

I’m considering an emotional support animal. Is that lame? I might use Clarence the 'possum. - - If you do, he’ll look exactly like my aunt’s emotional support dog. That poor thing. I think she actually drags him everywhere because he’s a wreck if he’s left alone.

How long after you’ve bought furniture is it finally not the ‘new’ chair? - - Until you get a newer chair. It’s a relative thing.

I was going to suggest that I’d have a hard time adjusting to thinking of you as Human, but that just doesn’t sound right. So I’ll just say it would be easier to think of you as Bad B. Bad.

When the cat claims it?

True. Then it would be the Cat Chair.

Speaking of cats and chairs. The Siamese hate Mr.Wrekker.
But when he’s gone on a hunting trip or to the Lake house they claim his recliner.
Sleep on it everyday.
I’ve recently found a few cat claw marks on the back of it.

Bad cats!

One of my cats has claimed my recliner. I still have a very nice easy chair, that she sometimes takes over also. “Where I sit to watch the baseball game on TV” is entirely dependent on which chair she prefers this evening.

Woooh - I’ll have this one. My father was a carpenter, and later a woodwork teacher, and we had those pencils around the house all the time. I had forgot all about them - lordy, that brought back a memory.

Carpenters’ pencils are flat so you can stick them behind your ear. Take no notice of what wikipedia says. You sharpen them with a chisel - I have done so myself.

j

I learned something today, thanks to you. :slight_smile: That makes so much sense, I’m wondering why all pencils aren’t wide and flat. If they’d always been that way, pencil sharpeners would’ve been designed to accommodate them, right?

IOW, why are pencils round?

More insomniac fodder for the boss?

j

Or octagonal. I hated those pencils in school. I was a tight gripper. I always had dents in my finger.

So I looked at your linky. That was very interesting.
Especially the little ad. Art using a carpenters pencil.
I liked that.
Now I need some carpenters pencils.
I go to my trusty Amazon app.
Go figure.
I ordered a gross of mix matched pencils with random printing on them. Cheaper than you’d think.
And they do make sharpeners for them. I ordered that too.
I found golf pencils too.

Ummm. I’m insane.

There’s no other way to explain this.