My daughter is coming home from rehab Sunday

Hooray! Hooray! That is great news.

Yes, we realize it won’t be 100% smooth sailing from here on out, but if we can manage to maintain her attitude adjustment, we’ll be able to work out whatever problems crop up. I talked to her case manager this morning, and my daughter will be receiving continuing care through the health department; this is good because it will allow her to feel as if she has a safety net, and is not just being dumped back in the ocean to “sink or swim”, as it were. Also, the health dept. will provide transportation to her appointments, which is good news, as I don’t have a car right now, and hubby works out of town most of the time.

This is excellent news! Good luck with the continuing recovery.

GT

It sounds like she’s doing good norinew. That’s awesome :slight_smile:

Wonderful news.She’s definitely got the right attitude and with parents who support her and a nice boyfriend there beside her and all us Dopers looking out for her,she can’t go far wrong.Hopefully she can keep on this new road and you can be there for her.I hope you can all use the experience to help not only yourselves but others-in the future,there may be others she meets who have similar problems and she can help them because she’s been there.
A big hug for you all from Iceland :smiley:

Glad to hear that things have improved so much. Here’s hoping they continue to do so. :slight_smile:

As a matter of fact, she told us Sunday that she’s decided on a career path: she wants to be an addictions counselor. She figures to get her GED in the near future, then start college next fall.

Among many other “firsts” in the past couple of months, this is the first time she’s sounded serious about a career path.

If I were to give advice to her (which I won’t of course!) I’d say: Meetings, meetings, meetings. Stay out of wet places and away from wet people if you want to stay dry. Stick with winners. Call your sponsor. Every day. Every, every day. Ask yourself before every decision: What is the best thing for my recovery? Ask yourself every waking hour: What am I doing for my recovery right now? In every crisis, ask “what is my role in this problem?” and then take responsibility for that part of it, even if that part is only 1% of the problem.

Good luck to her. I’d better go call my sponsor now.

QtM, my daughter, like her mother ( :wink: ) values and respects your opinions. She’s prepared to read this thread Sunday, and tell me what to post on her behalf. I think I’ll write your advice down on the front page of her journal or something.

Nothing to add, other than warm thoughts. Best of luck to her and to you. We’re here if you need us.

I know you are. That’s why this place rocks!

But while I’ve got your attention, MrFantsyPants, I have a small bone to pick with you: I’m coloring Mandalas and I can’t stop! And it’s all your fault! :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, me, too. I now have a whole folder to free downloadable mandalas!

Sing-a-long-now…

Free Downloadable Mandalas… :smiley:

Is that to the tune of “I’ve been working on the railroad”? Dammit, now I’ll have an entirely nonexistent song taking up mental space all day!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Good to hear the news, norinew! Good luck to the both of you.

No…it’s the Specials song :slight_smile: Free Downloadable Mandela :slight_smile:

That’s wonderful news, norinew! Good luck!