My daughter is coming home from rehab Sunday

For those of you who’ve been following the saga, my oldest daughter will be coming home from drug and alcohol rehab on Sunday, Feb. 27th. She had expressed interest in going into a halfway house when her treatment was finished, but it was decided that there’s not adequate medical supervision there for someone with the psychological and emotional problems she has.

We just saw her on the 20th, and she’s doing better than I had ever hoped she would be. She’s now willing to take responsibility for her actions, and for her recovery. She told us on the 20th that in case she didn’t get into the halfway house, she had a plan for when she comes home. This plan includes making 90 meetings in 90 days, getting her GED and finding a job. She also wants to get started on making amends to people she’s harmed. . .an important part of recovery.

I’m excited about her coming home, and anxious to get started mending fences and putting the family back together again.

That’s great news, norinew. I have been following the saga of your daughter, and I really worried about whether or not she would be able to do this, but this sounds like she is taking long strides towards recovery. That’s just great to hear.

Congratulations. Here’s hoping life only finds sunshine for you (void in the north pole).

Warm wishes,
/S

That’s good news Norine. I was actually thinking yesterday that your daughter must almost be finishing her treatment. I hope all goes well for all of you.

Thanks for all the kind words, guys. It really does mean a lot to me! :slight_smile:

Yay! That’s terrific news, Nori!

That is great news, Norine! It sounds like she is using her new found wisdom to make plans for a promising future. The love and support of her family will help a lot. Please give her a big hug from me!

Consider it done!

Great news Nori! It does sound like your daughter is serious about getting on with her life. Here’s wishing her and your whole family all the best.

That’s wonderful news! Big hugs for all of you!

Good luck to your child. :slight_smile:

Good luck to your daughter and your family! ~hugs~ I wish you all the best!

I just got off the phone with her a few minutes ago. She was asking about getting some new clothes, etc. when she gets out. I told her that it would probably have to wait about a month, as we just found out this morning our van needs a new alternator, and money will be tight. But I said that she and her 13-year-old sister both need new clothes, and the little one needs some new shoes, and we’re going to have to sit down and work out some kind of time line for getting these things. Well, then she shocked the hell out of me! She said “well, that’s okay. But you know, when we have more money, you really ought to do something nice for yourself, because you’re always putting every one else first, and you don’t do enough for yourself”. I could have cried! To hear her being so unselfish is so alien to anything I’ve ever seen from her before!

Congratulations, lady! You and I both know it won’t be all sunshine and roses from now on, but your daughter seems to be determined to try. I can’t tell you how happy I am for both of you. Good luck and my best wishes!

CJ

Oh that’s excellent news norinew, all the best to all of you!

Wow, that’s great!

Not to say there won’t be any bumps in the road, but it really does sound like she’s seeing the world through new eyes, and that’s a good thing.

I’ll be sending all sorts of good vibes her (and your) way, Norine.

Such good news! I’m so glad to hear your daughter is doing well in her treatment. I’ll be keeping her, and you, in my thoughts. :slight_smile:
love
karol

I’m so happy to hear good news about your daughter. While I’m mostly a lurker here I have been following the story. Sounds like she’s made a remarkable turn around. Good for her.

Good luck to both of you.

Man, that’s good news Norine! It looks like she has found a right course for her life. My best wishes to the both of you and the rest of your family!