My Divorce is FINALLY...um...final!

Congrats, and welcome to the club!

(Also, very jealous about the TDI – my ex got the TDI Golf in the divorce. I miss that car. :frowning: )

:smiley:

Congrats! Someone close to me threw a big divorce party when her divorce was finalized. I mean sometimes the whole ordeal is so bad that the divorce is one of the happiest days in one’s life - reason for celebration.

Congratulations.

Question: I’m a double divorcee but they were both amicable. In your case, what was the point at which she turned from the person you thought you wanted to spend the rest of your life with, into a harpy from the netherworld? Was it the divorce proceedings, or beforehand? Was it a slow thing or like a switch? Don’t answer if it’s too painful - I’m just curious.

Oh shit yes. Bring out the ticker tape. My anniversary happens to be tomorrow. I am getting so hammered.

Yes! When my divorce from my crazy, possessive, misogynistic, abusive, pet-killing ex-husband FINALLY became final, my mom (who’s an ex-Catholic) took my boyfriend and I out for lunch to celebrate our upgrade from “adultery” to “living in sin.” We got very happily smashed :slight_smile:

PS: that boyfriend and I have been together ever since, and are now very happily married - don’t give up on ladies, Cell Guy!

And might I state from experience that there are some lovely ladies to be found on the Dope, when you’re ready to head down that road again? :slight_smile:

Congratulations!

Nice. I bought a new F150. My Ranger was falling apart and costing way too much in repairs so I needed a new car anyways but I still consider it my divorce present.

That sucks.