My Divorce is FINALLY...um...final!

<pops champagne, sprays room>

The 20 month saga of my divorce was completed at 1:15 today. I’m relieved and thrilled that I’m not married to that bitch anymore and I’ll probably spend the rest of the day drunk.

Thanks to everyone for your words of encouragement throughout this whole mess. I don’t want to get all sentimental and mushy and stuff so I won’t mention exactly how thankful I am to everyone, but let’s just say that I owe a lot of people a lot of beverages.

<takes deep breath, relaxes for first time in recent memory>

Well, that’s the best damned news I’ve heard in a while. I’m so happy for you that this marathon is finally over.

Have you considered buying yourself a nice memento of the big day? :slight_smile:

Congratulations!

Isn’t it too early in the afternoon for a lapdance?

(Seriously Cell Guy, I am happy for you to start a new, better chapter in your life; If I was in the neighborhood, I would buy you a cold one to celebrate, but as it is, I will raise my glass to a New Beginning!!!)

Congrats from someone who’s divorce saga is only beginning.

Hey, congrats.

Speaking from someone who did things the wrong way after the fact, I can only advise you to let it go and move on as quickly as possible.

Wonderful news! Here’s to endings and new beginnings!

Does a new car count? Cause there’s one in the driveway right now (2011 VW Jetta TDI w/ 6 speed manual trans).

I’m sorry to hear that. If you need to chat about anything PM me.

The best part of the day was when I walked out of the courtroom and realized I was under no obligation to ever have any contact with her again. And I intend on keeping it that way.

WHen she shows up on your doorstep at 2:00 AM in the rain begging for money, you won’t laugh? I long for that. :slight_smile:

Thankfully I never got that. She had painted me as such an incredible monster that if she had dared contact me, her family would have either had her committed, or begun to question the fables.

But yeah, after a long and stressful relationship where you can do no right, it is kinda wonderful when you realize that it is no longer a part of your life.

Congrats! Enjoy your new life.

-D/a

That’ll do. Are you calling it your FreedomMobile? :slight_smile:

Life’s a bitch, and then you have to divorce one.

Congrats Cell Guy… I know the feeling of relief. I didn’t buy myself a car after mine was finalized but I did buy some pretty jewelry and new clothes. Enjoy the car and enjoy the freedom!

Good for you, dude! I remember your previous threads about the saga, and she sounds like quite the piece of work. I hope your feeling of lightness and freedom stays around for a long time!

Huzzah!!! Best news I’ve heard all day. :smiley:

Congratulations! You, of all people, deserve some time to relax and celebrate. You’re shared a long, hard road that I pray I never have to walk, and you’ve come through it with your dignity intact.

And my divorce was what, chopped liver?
I’d have posted about it, but the…opposition…reads the 'Dope. :slight_smile:

Chopped liver. WITH whole wheat crackers.
-D/a

That’s the most disgusting meal I ever heard of.
Worse than matzho ball soup. Worse than gifilte fish. :slight_smile: