My Name is Earl 5-11-06 - new time!

As soon as I saw Randy with the Rubik’s Cube, I knew he was going to solve it without even trying. I enjoyed the multiple copies of the Farrah Fawcett poster in Paul’s room, and Paul’s ridiculous outfit.

Patty the daytime hooker is one of my favorite recurring characters. I loved when she gave the convenience store clerk a piggy-back ride, with a banjo version of the William Tell overture in the background.

Did anyone else notice that the one-legged woman’s bike had only one pedal?

And it was a joke ticket! And the way they scratched it off was like Willy Wonka too…“Just open a corner of the chocolate, Charley, just a bit. Now, a bit more.”

Here You Come Again

Here you come again
Just when I’ve begun to get myself together
You waltz right in the door
Just like you’ve done before
And wrap my heart 'round your little finger

Here you come again
Just when I’m about to make it work without you
You look into my eyes
And lie those pretty lies
And pretty soon I’m wonderin’ how I came to doubt you

All you have to do is smile that smile
And there go all my defenses
Just leave it up to you and in a little while
You’re messin’ up my mind and fillin’ up my senses

Here you come again
Lookin’ better than a body has a right to
And shakin’ me up so that all I really know
Is here you come again …
And here I go

I couldn’t remember his name. Who do you think transmitted the bat disease to the toilet in the first place? Hector must be a carrier.

I would go further and say it might be the best piece of entertainment produced by $cientologists. Once Earl gets through his list, are his Thetans next?

I have seen Willy Wonk a dozens of times (My kids love the Wilder version) That was a classice. The facial expressions were exactly spot on during the scratching. As soon as Randy was walking by the grate I knew exactly where it was going (Except the pay off joke) And it was beautiful!

Thanks, Gigi. I guess I had the song’s title wrong all these years!

Did you notice her short husband and really tall kids?
Randy doing the Rubik’s cube reminds me of him doing the PowerPoint presentation in the show about the hot dog stand.
BTW, Earl’s car looked a lot cleaner when he got it back - or am I crazy?

Heck, I thought it had a new paint job! I wasn’t looking too closely though.

But he hadn’t had four beers before the Rubik’s cube.

I love these little throwaway scenes. It’s like an Easter egg hunt every episode!

My impression was that Tall Maggie was a regular size woman with stilts hidden under her pants. Did anybody else get the same impression?

Tall Maggie was definitely raised up. Her torso wasn’t particularly long. She was nearly 8 feet tall.

I thought that all of the people that Earl he’d helped during the season would come to his assistance when he and Randy were broke, hungry and had no gasoline. So the ending was a pleasant surprise.

And I had no idea that Catalina’s Spanish statements were directed at the television audience; that’s very cool.

I preferred thinking she was cussing out Joy.

When are we going to get a catfight?? :smiley:

Okay, the guy that played Paul…he’s very familiar. I’d check the IMDB but this episode isn’t in there yet.

I keep thinking of Paul (still bald) being either retarded or with a speech impediment. Anyone have any idea why I was thinking that?

-Joe

Paul was played by Max Perlich, who has done a lot of character work over the past 20 years. He played Whistler on *Buffy * and was Brodie the cameraman on *Homicide * for a few years. The earliest thing I remember seeing him in is Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, where he played one of the kids in the school.

I though he looked like Robert Englund (AKA Freddie Kruger), but I’m not really sure if that was him.

Naw…way too young to be him.

Arrrgh…this is one of those things that’s just right out of brain-sight and it’s driving me nuts. I can almost hear him saying a line that will tell me where I get him from…

I’m sure I’ll get it about 2am tonight.

-Joe

Johnny Hardin from “Maverick”. He did have a funny way of speaking. Dude’s had quite a long career.

Thanks muchly, cwbalmer.

-Joe

Oh Dear Og I’m old.

To me he’s always the guy from Drugstore Cowboy. “I got some speed…”