My parents never cease to surprise me.

We went out for dinner and while we were walking to the car across the street, Dear Brother of Mine decided it would be funny to act like those gangster rappers you see on MuchMusic and MTV like 50-cent, Chingy and Eminem. So he started doing those gangster gestures and such and doing awful freestyle rapping. When we got home, he grabbed our mop and used it as a mike. Then, he pretended to grab his crotch, kind of like Eminem would. Both my parents saw and said in Korean, “Hey, rapper boy. Rub your dick all you want in the shower.”

:eek:

It was sort of disconcerting for me to listen to my parents say inneudo and sexual references like that. But, we all found it funny. :smiley:

No, I’m not quite sure why I felt the need to share that. Maybe it’s the underlying desire to humilate my younger brother, but I still love him.

Your parents rock.

bwahahahahahahaha

That is funny indeed. My mom is like that to some extent.

(The comments and the sense of humor, not the language. Nobody I know speaks Korean.)

Isn’t there some part of the parental code that says parents can’t make cool smack-down comments like that until all their children are over 18?

That’s awesome.

Friggin’ brilliant.

Ok. How do you say “Hey rapper boy. Rub your dick all you want in the shower” in Korean? Just in case I ever need to say that (hey, you never know…).

Now that I think about it, I don’t want my brother ever doing that in the shower because I use the shower, too. :eek:

betenoir, I can’t remember exactly how to say it, but if you really wish to know, “ko-choo” is the phonetic spelling for the word “penis” in Korean.

You want Korean insults, check out this website.

http://www.insultmonger.com/swearing/korean.htm

I suddenly have a whole new appreciation for “I am the Walrus.”
(The scousers probably had trouble with the transliteration of the sounds.)

I recognize some of them. I find it hard to transliterate certain words because they have special sounds that you don’t find in English. My non-Korean friends sometimes have the hardest time saying words and phrases like “booger” and “eat dung” properly in Korean. Well, as long as you get your point across…

I’m guessing your little brother is in early teenage years? That’s where mine is. He purchased a do-rag (did I spell that right?) the other day, despite the fact that he couldn’t possibly get or act any whiter.

I know what you mean about the sounds. While in the Army I was trained as a linguist, in Korean. I still can remember a few phrases but can’t really speak it any more. But if I see something printed in hangul script, I can still pronounce it because it’s phonetic, one sound, one letter. 'Course, my accent’s probably truly atrocious by now.

I just wish I could get some good Korean food. I learned to love it while in Korea, and the only place, since coming back to the US, I’ve had good Korean food is in a little cafe in East Lansing, Michigan. Ummm, mandu, bulgogi, even kimchee! :smiley:

Ahahahahahahahahaha!!

My mom pulls that crap sometimes too. It’s funny when little older Asian folk say the meanest and most vulgar stuff. Ah the joy of Asian parents…

That’s because it’s spelled “bugger”. Tell 'em to try it now. :smiley:

Older Asian people and parents are the most unpredictable people I’ve seen. They seem to have this determined and no-nonsense demeanor on the outside, but then suddenly, they’ll pull this doozy on you in the most strangest circumstances. And 5-4 - Fighting?? Hehe!! :smiley:

Their quick (and hilarious, I forgot to mention) response to your brother was pretty no-nonsense doozy to me!