My SF short story "Yamadori" is out!

The November/December issue of Analog just came in the mail. It contains my short story Yamadori.

https://www.analogsf.com/
https://www.analogsf.com/current-issue/table-of-contents/
No illustration, and no cover credit. But one of these days…
Besides that, Silver Blade publishing is soon releasing my novella A Light so Brilliant and Wondrous, a retelling of Frankenstein. And I’m now editing the follow-up to How the Ray Gun Got its Zap! (which I’m calling [Zap! II for now) for Oxford University Press, to be published sometime in 2020.

Wow, congratulations! I’ve submitted to Analog a few times but I’ve been rejected, so I’ll say with a bit of jealousy that that’s quite an accomplishment!

Thanks.
Might I be permitted the vanity of saying this is the third thing of mine they’ve published. Although I’ve had a lot of rejections, too.

Congrats! Getting published always feels good.

I can’t believe Analog is still around. I had a subscription in the 1970’s. Then I did a search and its been around since 1930. Amazing.

Congratulations!

I’ve still got my subscription, so I’m looking forward to reading your story.

And now that I know what to look for, I’ll dig through my archived copies to re-read the other two.

No, Astounding.

Congrats! As the saying goes, you’re an writer when other people call you a writer.

I resisted the temptation, but thank you for this.

Damn! I’m on a roll!

Not only is my story out in Analog (I just picked up two copies in the supermarket tight!), but I just learned that
I received another patent last week! (that makes five now)

Then I got home and found that I had another article in the new issue of Optics and Photonics News – “The Endless Corridor”.

I once heard Ellison say “You’re a writer when a publisher says you’re a writer.” :smiley:

I am going to get that issue, so I need to ask: Do you get more money if I buy the newsstand edition, or if I get it online?

How you buy it doesn’t affect author pay, which is based on word count on accepted stories.

From Analog’s website:

Analog Analog it is, then.

Picked it up at Powel’s Books this morning. Interesting mixture of mechanics and nature that I haven’t encountered before in fact or fiction-well done. About the “nature” part-is that branch of horticulture a hobby of yours, or was that just good research?

Thank you very much for those kind words.

It’s all research. I’ve been kind of fascinated by the topic for years – this was just an excuse to dig a little deeper and use the information.

And, as Antibob pointed out, how you get it doesn’t affect what I get paid. In fact, I was paid well before this hit the newsstands. it’s not a lot of money, though. There’s no way I could support myself on my writing alone.

Congrats!

Thank you very much
thiết kế nội thất chung cư

Spammer reported.

Really Nice! awesome