My wedding guests keep dying

So another person we invited to our wedding, my dear grandmother, has passed away earlier today :frowning: My grandmother was one of those quintessential grandmothers, that never got mad, spoiled us rotten, etc. I’m so very glad my fiancee got to meet her several times, they got along very well.

This has been a tremendous shock to our family. Our whole family basically revolved around her (but in a good way). My uncles are taking it very hard. I called my mom, my brother had already told her. Even though it is her mother-in-law and they weren’t really that close after my parents divorced in my teens, my mom wanted to be there at the funeral because she knew my grandmother since she was seventeen.

I know people get old and die, cycle of life, yadda yadda yadda but up until recently nobody really close to me/particularly well-liked has passed away. I lost a great-uncle that was dear to us last month and this sudden news on top of it has been difficult for my family :frowning:

Just don’t invite me, okay?

I’m sorry for your loss.

We were married 6 years ago, and have now lost 6 of the invited guests. All were elderly, so not a huge stretch, but still. :frowning:

I’m so sorry to hear about your grandmother - she sounds like a lovely lady.

I’ll be thinking of you and your family - and I hope everything goes well at your wedding.

Family dynamics change when grandparents are gone. They’re often the hub of the extended family. Sometimes the family finds a new hub, but sometimes not, and that’s sad. I’m sorry about your grandma.

They were holding on until they knew you were happy. Now they know and can start their next big adventure AND keep an eye on you.

Don’t for a minute think that they won’t be with you. Make sure you have a joyous wedding for them to watch

I’m so sorry. I really don’t have anything else to add.

I’m sorry for your loss. And I’m very happy for your gain. Grandma sounds like a wonderful woman.

I’m very sorry for your loss.

but on this note…

Debi Newberry*
and
Martin Q. Blank
request the honour of your presence
at their marriage
on Friday
the Tenth of June
of 2011
at 6PM
at St. Annes of Reloaded Brass
1060 West Addison
Chicago, ILL 60609
In Lieu of presents, the bride and groom humbly request that all hand to hand and small arms be left at the door…*

So sorry to hear that. Wedding is supposed to be a celebration of life, darnit!