"nads" -opinions?

I recently saw this commercial on “nads” a new hair removal system. It is non-wax, one doesnt have to heat it, and it is (supposedly) all natural. This lady in Austrailia invented it in her kitchen and then named it after her daughter. Has anyone tried this? How does it work? Do you like it/would you recommend it to others? It looked really neat, and I was jsut wondering if anyone had actually tried it. :slight_smile:

tipi :slight_smile:

If all the women in the USA were to suddenly quit using all this,stuff, would it cause a economic depression?
Is there any part of a woman’s body that some company hasn’t figured out how to perfume, de-oderize, shape, tint, shave, enlarge, reduce, curl, straighten, or otherwise alter, for profit?
Any of you guys ever tried to wear high heel shoes? It friggin’ HURTS.
Sorry, tipiwoo, gotta rant sometimes. :slight_smile:
Peace,
mangeorge (Proud begatter of 2 daughters and 4 granddaughters)

How cool
I just saw this program today and was intrigued. I think this is what they call sugaring. I hope someone can fill us in on this.
BTW, if I don’t want to have a moustache or stray hairs or hairy armpits, I don’t care what ANYONE else thinks, I"M getting rid of it! Do what you want to your body–I’ll take care of mine the way I want! So, there, you old papa! :slight_smile:

Umm, some people in Australia name their daughters “Nads”?

When I read the title of the topic I thought it was going to be about gonads!

My opinion: I’m pro-gonads all the way!

“Do what you want to your body–I’ll take care of mine the way I want! So, there, you old papa!”
----bluebird

So do they, kiddo, so do they. :slight_smile:
I didn’t say I didn’t like the results. I’m in awe, I guess.
Ever pluck your eyebrows? Yeeow!
Peace,
mangeorge

Mangeorge: Plucking eyebrows? Wearing high heels? What gives?

Sly: I’ll second your motion…I am rather curious about this side of mangeorge, that I have not heard of yet…

Cogito Ergo Vroom
I think therefore I ride fast…

If you ever got a sugar/water mix on your skin, you’d know that it pulls the hair out when you try to take it off.

I had just assumed that BoyGeorge finally grew up.

Yes, I have worn high heels. For halloween one year. My ex-wife made me do it. Wasn’t worth the pain.
I’ve never plucked my eyebrows, and probably never will. Seeing it done (red, swollen eyes) was enough for me.
I have yanked the hair from my nose, though. Now I use one of those electric gadgets.
Would this nads stuff work in one’s nose? :slight_smile:
Boy George is alive and well, and touring again. He’s like a son to me.
Although I do embrace my “feminine side”, the point of my posts is to express my utter joy in the fact that I don’t have to do all those things women do.
Putting up with men like myself, for example. :slight_smile:
Peace,
mangeorge

I wonder if those gals from Oz would have renamed their product for export to the U.S. if they had known that “nads” is U.S. slang for testicles.

I’m sure they know it by now.

-Monte

“Oxen are slow, but the earth is patient.” – some Chinese guy

I wonder if those gals from Oz would have renamed their product for export to the U.S. if they had known that “nads” is U.S. slang for testicles.
I’m sure they know it by now.
–That’s why the Frenchman who came up with the idea of the disposable ball point pen dropped a letter from his name–Bich.
He didn’t visualize manny people asking for his product in English speaking markets.

Chevy also found that there was a problem south of the border with the Nova. In Spanish, “no va” means “it does not go”.

Exxon spent big bucks coming up with their name. It means absolutely nothing in any known language.

-Monte

[quoteChevy also found that there was a problem south of the border with the Nova. In Spanish, “no va” means “it does not go”.[/quote]

They did?

[urlhttp://host20.bluehill.com/snopes/errata/nova.htm

“We’re gonna have lawyers here. It’ll be a fun time.”
–R.R.S.

Let’s try this again…

They did?

http://host20.bluehill.com/snopes/errata/nova.htm

“We’re gonna have lawyers here. It’ll be a fun time.”
–R.R.S.

Now I wish I could remember where I read that (false) story about the Nova. What a dirty trick. Everything printed on paper and published in books is supposed to be true. This evil book should be destroyed, before other books start showing up that contain a bunch of damned lies!

-Monte :slight_smile:

P.S. I see I’m going to have to watch my step around here.

This (as has been pointed out) is apparently an urban legend; however, there may be an underlying truth to the general motif…American Motors Corporation (remember them?) once had a car called the Matador, which they did try to sell in Latin American countries under that same name. “Matador” does not mean “the brave soul who fights the bull” in Spanish; it means “killer”. As to whether or not it had a nasty impact on AMC’s sales campaign, I coudn’t say.

Designated Optional Signature at Bottom of Post

MRM,

EXXON used the name ESSO up until the late 70’s. One by one I saw the signs all change from ESSO to EXXON. Why spend all that money to change your company’s name from one meaningless term to another?

I think they still use ESSO in the UK and elsewhere.

Opus:

I dunno. I think both of those stories came from the same book, so it’s likely that neither of them were true.

-Monte