NBC News's own Brian Williams does Rapper's Delight

Thanks to some clever mashing-up by Jimmy Fallon’s production crew: - YouTube

I love this!

That was great!

That was brilliant!

I’ve only listened to it a few dozen times today.

Must have more. Brian Williams Raps The Hip Hop Classics is something I’d buy tomorrow.

Straight Outta Compton was pretty funny, too.

I laughed and wanted to dance!

I hope to God NBC publishes a transcript they could search through to find all the keywords. Otherwise I shudder to think how much Brian Williams some poor intern must’ve had to watch to find them all.

I loved it. Brian and Lester are both very cool.

Brilliant.

Jimmy’s got a few of these, including “Good Vibrations.”

But I gotta say, they’ve taken it to a whole new level on the Tonight Show with “Rapper’s Delight.”

Brian Williams was really good as an SNL host a couple of years ago.

Hilarious. About the 4th or 5th time, I danced with one of my cats.

Not to be a spoil-sport, I think they’re great, but were these ***really ***pieced together from existing footage? Cause it would have been fairly easy to just shoot a bunch of canned, fake footage to string together like that. NBC would certainly want Williams to help support the new Tonight Show, and he seems like a good sport anyway.

I don’t think so. Williams goes through like 30 different ties and ten different sets, and you can actually see Holt’s hair line move forward in some of the older clips.

Plus I checked, and there are transcripts of NBC news, so searching for the next word they needed probably wasn’t actually that hard.

Still, whatever poor editing guy got stuck putting this together probably wanted to shoot himself by the end.