Nerdsquee reaches a personal peak...

Tonight was in many ways a wonderful wonderful thing.

Tonight at CSU Fresno I attended a lecture by none other than James Randi

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Got my autographed book, got my picture taken with him, was selected to answer in an audience directed question (and nailed it). Ended up chitchatting with half a dozen folks after the lecture and ended up getting phone numbers/email addys of many like minded folks. It was as if I had found “my people”.

Not only did I get to bask in the wisdom of someone I am a huge fan of, I may have made a few new friends as well.

:cool:

I could probably wreck my truck on the way home and still say I had a good day.

Sadly if I had checked my email after 2pm yesterday I would have found an invitation to go to a special little breakfast meeting this morning with a local skeptic group I belong to along with the amazing one himself .

:smack: :smack:

I bet if you had read your horoscope or called a psychic predictions line that morning you wouldn’t have missed out on the breakfast meeting :p!

Joking apart, I’m so jealous - I think James Randi is wonderful, and I wish he was better known in the UK.

just waiting for my friend to email the pics so I can post me with the amazing one.

One time, like a year ago, I (non-ironically) wrote the word “squee” in an email, and I’ve been embarrassed about it ever since.

I’m just sayin’…
:slight_smile:

I saw him at DragonCon this year, and was surprised at how short he was. I had always thought he was very tall. I guess that is just a mark of his showmanship.
I was not surprised at how much fun he was to listen to. The man has a lot of style.

Wow! Very cool. :cool:

So, no photo yet??

Patience dear :smiley:

http://www.pcsearchandrescue.com/meandrandiforweb.jpg

There ya go!

I was surprised by this too. In the pic, I am 5’11 and ducking down a little.

Wow, he is a short guy. I wondered why you’re hunched up, there!

We like Big Dog shirts, too. :cool: