NEW Stupid Republican Idea of the Day (Part 4)

So do I but we’ll see. The Nehls are like cockroaches.

Unfortunately, the same D candidate from the last time is running again, and she’s not an especially inspiring figure. But maybe they overplayed the redistricting. There’s only so many ways to slice up safe districts for the gerrymander until they become tossups, especially when it’s looking like a rough year in general to be a Republican candidate

I think in general the losing candidate should be given another chance - name recognition is an expensive to generate thing, and barring a scandal or truly dismal showing, building on the previous campaign seems sensible.

Who had the wet trout last?

Seen online, in response to this one:

“JD Vance puts the Christ in ‘Christ, what an asshole!’”

In context that quote is so much worse though.

As a Christian he believes that economic policy exists to “support the dignity of all human beings”,
so
“We want every American to be able to raise a family, to be able to support themselves in comfort and in dignity”
so
“That’s why we don’t like low-wage foreigners coming in and undercutting the wages of American workers”

Effectively he’s admitting that he doesn’t consider foreign workers to be human beings.

And of course, American workers are just stampeding to all those low wage jobs that are available now that we’ve kicked out the migrants. :roll_eyes:

Nikki Haley, come on down! Your own words and actions want to slap you silly.

And let’s give Texas Congress-critter Nehis (guess the party) involved in celebrating America’s distinctive roots and virtues.

You can accurately label her as Nikki Haley, self-proclaimed socialist.

Allow me to rephrase:

Nehls: You have to love our party. This is what we gotta do. We gotta put white sheets on MAGA. We need some pointy hoods and torches. We gotta show the world that we’re the party of racist, nazi scumbags.

“I got mine, Jack. Too bad your ancestors didn’t figure it out earlier.”

The cognitive dissonance Republicans have towards the Statue of Liberty is always amusing.

Isn’t something this incredibly STUPID enough to revoke his “Dr.”?

Shoot, I only used my auto insurance once the entire 14 years I owned a car. I guess I was a fake motorist.

I don’t get it. Isn’t people not using their insurance a good thing? They’re the ones who subsidize the people who do use their insurance. Without them, the whole system will collapse.

I mean, technically most people ought to get at least annual preventive-care checkups, which are typically covered by insurance. So if large numbers of enrollees are really not using the system at all, that’s not optimal.

I remain unconvinced that the numbers in this situation are really as asserted, though.

ETA: Oh, I see. The Trump administration and its mouthpieces like Dr Oz are pushing the narrative that there are millions of “phantom patients” enrolled in ACA without their knowledge and/or in addition to the insurance plan they actually use. Here’s an article critiquing those claims.

But again, if that were true, it would be a really good thing. Because anyone running that “scam” is just providing free money to the system, to no benefit to themselves.

No, the argument is that ACA plan agents seeking to maximize commissions overenrolled many people, generally without their knowledge, in fully subsidized plans. So, no premiums income to the plan (although, no expenditure either if people aren’t using benefits).

Republicans oppose any subsidy that does not go to a Republican.

If true, then the fraud and waste is in payments to the insurance companies and their brokers, just as has been shown in Medicare. IOW, it’s not the program itself; it’s the bad actors that take advantage of the lack of oversight.

You know, capitalists.