NFL 2018 Regular Season

I think you can put a fork in the Skins, with Smith out. I’d love to be wrong though.

Kareem Hunt released by Chiefs.

Wow, Kareem Hunt cut over video footage of him assaulting a woman in a Cleveland hotel in February.

I heard the Chiefs cut their star running back.

I think Spencer Ware is going to thrive equally in that ridiculous offense just like Hunt. I don’t think they’ll miss a beat that way.

I also happen to think that the Chiefs aren’t good enough as a team to represent the AFC in the Superbowl. I honestly believe that they’ll run into a Stealers team that’s been there before, or a team like the Patriots that will simply negate them.

Saints v Pats, next Superbowl. Saints somehow win.

[Moderating]
Merged Week 13 thread into omnibus thread.

I wonder if Baker Mayfield felt dangerous when he woke up this morning?

Put a fork in them, the Pack is done. Can’t even beat a 2-9 team at home.

Brian

Yeah, though, the way they’d played the past few weeks, I can’t say that it surprised me.

All the signs are pointing to some big changes in Titletown come January. Given that this is their first year under GM Brian Gutekunst, and given that they just signed Rodgers to a massive contract extension, I’d suspect that McCarthy and his staff will be the ones being shown the door.

Did anyone see that play near the end of the Rams/Lions game, where Gurley broke free around the 35, ran down to about the 2 with no one to beat, and then started crossing the field? He got about half way across before being tackled a yard or two from the goal line. I get the part about burning clock, but that was one of the weirder things I have seen.

Wow. I didn’t expect the Packers to make a move until after the season ended.

They’ve fired Mike McCarthy, and named Joe Philbin interim head coach.

And about time. Several weeks too late.

At least we won’t have to listen to his post game interviews that are as predictable as his offense.

McCarthy’s final entry in the Packer record books: he is the first coach to be fired by the Packers in mid-season. The only other Packers head coach to not finish out a season was Gene Ronzani, who resigned with two games left in 1953.

Losing to the Cardinals is a totally understandable last straw for GB.

About time he lost his job. He’s been horrible at management of the game for years. Now, it’s like he’s infected the whole squad with a sense of futility.

Sunday night game still up in the air. Whoever wins this thing, this has been a GREAT game!

Sounds like a perfect fit for replacing Marvin Lewis.

Unfortunately, we’ll never know, as the Steelers have been jumping offsides for 12 hours straight.

That was a wild ending to the Sunday night game. I guess the saving grace for the Steelers players is that it will be hard for the team to cut anybody for throwing the win away, given that it seemed like the whole defense was guilty.

Anyone else getting tired of all the graphics they add to the field? It was not really bothering me until I saw an play analysis where they put a PS4 or whatever style spinny disc thing under one of the players. Sometimes it would be pleasant to watch a game without all that shit added to the field. I would say that soccer is better that way, except every soccer game I have seen has those damn ad displays around the field.