NFL Week 8

You’d think I’d remember these threads. Sorry if you wanted to talk about the Thursday night game.
Thursday
Miami Dolphins at Houston Texans (-7.5)
Sunday very early
Philadelphia Eagles (-3) vs. Jacksonville Jaguars in London
Sunday early
New York Jets at Chicago Bears (-6)

Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Cincinnati Bengals (-6)

Seattle Seahawks at Detroit Lions (-2.5)

Denver Broncos at Kansas City Chiefs (-9)

Washington Redskins (-1) at New York Giants

Cleveland Browns at Pittsburgh Steelers (-7.5)
Sunday late
Baltimore Ravens at Carolina Panthers (PK)

Indianapolis Colts (-1.5) at Oakland Raiders

Green Bay Packers at Los Angeles Rams (-8.5)

San Francisco 49ers at Arizona Cardinals (PK)
SNF
New Orleans Saints at Minnesota Vikings (-2.5)

MNF
New England Patriots (-13) at Buffalo Bills

Why did anyone think NE/Buf would be a good primetime game?

Taxans’ Will Fuller tore an ACL last night. Too bad for him, he’s such a dynamic deep threat.

Pittsburgh giving Cleveland 7.5 feels like too much. The games are always close between these two.

Skins only giving up 1 against the Giants has got to be the pick of the week.

Lots of interesting games this week where both teams have yet to truly prove what they are about this season!

Looking at the Sunday night game, the Vikings are 4-2-1, but all 4 wins came against teams with losing records (though 1 was the defending champ Eagles), one of the losses was a total thumping by Buffalo who look absolutely terrible against everyone else, and a tie against the Packers who made San Francisco look like a contender a week ago.

Tampa Bay-Cincy - which Tampa Bay team will we see? and which Cincinnati team will we see?
Pittsburgh-Clevelend - Will Pittsburgh blow the doors off and “avenge” the week 1 tie? or are the Browns for real?

Colt’s only giving 1.5 to the Raiders seems like a trap… Raiders are an obvious disaster and the Colts have been putting up big points the last 4 weeks (despite being 1-3 in those games)

Guess Jacksonville decided to hang it up a bit earlier this season.
$50k bar tab and fighting bouncers the night before a game? WTF are they trying to do in London, become soccer hooligans?

Interesting way to frame those choices, as I think the answers are “yes” and “yes.”

The Guardian actually says it was £50,000 so you’d have to multiply by 1.3.

But at least the NFL got coverage in the UK!

Browns line moved from +7 to +9 which surprises me.

Holy smokes, the Bengals just let Fitzmagic tie the game up! Bungled!

But seriously, what is it about AFC north teams laying it on the Bucs in the first half this year, only to let them back in the game in the second half?

Never rooted so hard for Tampa Bay. Almost worked.

Damn Lions.

Last week they had their best rushing day since Barry Sanders retired. The offense was balanced. They were good enough, if not great, everywhere to control the game at Miami and pull back to 3-3.

This week all the weak points showed up again.

Don’t know, don’t care. A win is a win is a win. We had the Bucs smoked in the 1st half and almost let FitzBeardoFace beat us. Amazingly, we gave up 600 yards on defense (!!!) and still won. That same defense also had 6 sacks and 4 INT’s and almost lost. Unreal.

:smiley:

No soup for you!

Also the Seahawks were awesome.

Gotta love smart play. I’m sure there’s plenty of gamblers and fantasy players angry at Gurley for not going in, but getting down and ending the game was absolutely the right thing to do.

Once again, Aaron Rodgers gives Green Bay the lead only to watch from the sidelines as the defense and boneheaded special teams play loses it all.
Still an incredible game out of Green Bay. Taking the best in the league to the very end is commendable, even if the entire team seemed to take the second and third quarters off. WTF is with the Packers and only showing up for half the game?

The Panthers finally put together a good, all round effort today and put up some points on the best “statistical” defense in the league. The young weapons are starting to put it together. Let’s go Vikings!

I turned it off after the idiocy of running the kick-off out of the endzone. I might have said one or two bad words, too. :mad:

I just assumed he would down it, to preserve the two minute warning and looked away to some work. When I heard the announcer talking about the ball on the ground, I looked up in amazement to see that Monty had actually brought it out. Methinks he won’t be returning kicks for a long while.

The stupid thing about that is, that’s entirely on the Head Coach. In that situation, you grab the guy going out on the field to catch the kick and you make it DAMN clear to him that he does NOT take the ball out of the end zone. PERIOD.

I’ve been unhappy with the relative lack of discipline and proper management of the team for some time. God knows what Aaron thinks of it all. :mad:

Except McCarthy told him just that.
At this point, with his utterly lackluster performance, I wouldn’t be surprised if he didn’t see much action for a few weeks, at least, and I expect he won’t be on the roster next year. He’s a nice enough guy, and helped the team out a ton when all of our RBs died a few years ago, but he’s the worst kind of tweener - does multiple things, but doesn’t do any of them well. The only thing he had going for him over the running backs and rookie receivers was Rodgers’ trust, and the last few weeks have shown that those rookies are coming along nicely, with Rodgers unafraid to give them the chance to make the play.

That said, I’ll be livid if I see Montgomery back to return ANYTHING again this season. It’s not a Bostic-level fuck-up, but it’s damn close.