Nintendo DS WiFi - Do Dopers Do It?

I don’t remember seeing an actual thread about this, and honestly I’ve been wondering:

Are there any dopers here with a Nintendo DS and access to playing it on WiFi? If so, would you be interested in a thread dedicated to sharing and exchanging Nintendo DS Friend Codes?

I have a DS, but no wi-fi in my house. How’s the connection, usually? Any noticeable lag for games like Mario Kart DS?

As far as I can recall, Mario Kart ran pretty smoothly for me and my connection, as well as Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin.
On the other hand, Bleach: Blade of Fate was kind of slow/laggy (though my friend in Ohio didn’t have the best proximity to the hotspot), and when playing Megaman Star Force 2 online it was also laggy. I guess it depends on the game somewhat.

Geez, it seems like not a lot of people reply to threads I post in or create these days. I’m starting to feel paranoid.

Nah, I just hate friend codes. They’re one of the two worst afflictions the DS suffers from, the other being its incompatibility with decent wireless security. The only time I’ve used them was when I sent cards to my niece and nephew in FFIII to unlock some weapons for them. I use the DS Opera browser a bit, and have even posted to the boards from it, but that’s about the limit of my DS internet use.

The local wireless, on the other hand, is pretty good. The World Ends With You does some rather cool stuff with it.

I’ve never gotten my DS to work with my wireless network. It’s something to do with the security, since I can turn that off and it works just fine, but I don’t really want to do that, so I don’t. The Wii works fine with it.

I played Mario Kart DS online at hotels, but everyone I played had that “snaking” thing down pat, and it wasn’t much fun for me. I have a lot more fun with Mario Kart Wii online.

I don’t because it doesn’t support WPA.

I agree with the snaking thing. I hate it.