No Sex Drive

Ok here I am a 22 year old male and I do not have a sex drive. I am a virgin and I know that might have something to do with it but the only reason I want sex at all it to know what it is like. Other than that I do not care if I ever have sex. I masturbate and enjoy that but I do not fell the need to have sex sex with anybody, male or female. I understand that I am freak but how much of a freak am I. Who else out ther doen’t have as strong sex drive?

Sex isn’t needed any more. We can use cloning to overpopulate our planet now.

At least you masturbate. I have no sex drive at all… not even the urge to masturbate :confused:

Stupid medication.

Well you do have a sex-drive, because you masturbate.

But what sets warning lights off for me is the fact that:

(a) you posted at all, which means you must be a bit worried, and

(b) you say: “I am a virgin and know that might have something to do with it”

which hints to me that you think you might have a hang-up. Not a bad or rare thing necessarily, lots of men and women are very nervous at first.

There’s also nothing wrong with NOT having sex. This is only going to become a problem for you if you fall romantically in love with someone who does want it, or if you want to have children with someone.

I suggest talking to your doctor, and find out if there is a physical or psychological problem.

It may just be the level of sexual maturity you are at, but check it out anyway.

I’m a total nympho. But as long as I have my toys I’m fine. What turns me off to sex is what you might get. You can’t always believe someone, especially some horny guy that’ll do almost anything to get some, about STDs. My last boyfriend tried to tell me he was a virgin. Then he changed it to “I haven’t been laid in a long time.” And another tried saying he was a virgin because he’s never had intercourse, just oral sex, and once or twice anal sex. WTF?

Shit Opal, I am not medicated and I have no sex drive…at least you have an excuse.

I hate this. but it’s my life, I will be forever in need but never have what I need. Life is as such that it happens, the world sucks sometimes but it’s not against me, it’s just life.

F*ck it…I don’t care anymore, I am happy to be alive and love those I love. It could be worse and I could be in love with a dickhead that I hate and I don’t want in my life. I will settle with what I have, nothing but I am okay with that.

Masturbation would not satisfy what I think I need…

Wow, I just posted about my boyfriend and his lack of desire too!!! and now this message here!!!

Don’t worry about your situation…he (my boyfriend)is 43 with no drive. but, you at 22 are making an honest decision to check into it…As the other person said, sex is NOT a necessary part of life, unless of course the obvious “baby making” function comes to play…But on the other hand, if you do have desires & are satisfying them on your own then perhaps there are issues you should look in to…Perhaps it’s apprehension & fear of the unknown or you are unsure if you will perform ok…Or something more complex…Check into whatever you feel needs to be checked into…Keep your hands off for a while & see if it develops into a lust for a partner…when it does then try it if you want…But don’t force it because you think you should have done it by now, that will only make it a bad experience that you wont see a reason to repeat!!! Enjoy yourself & try to enjoy yourself with someone else there!!!
Be it strange as it sounds, it is quite fun that way too! Masterbation is not bad, but only can be a problem if it interferes with wanting someone. If the only way you grow accustomed to something is repeated over & over…then eventually it will become that!!! Then later on you’ll either be accepting of it or troubled by it. Thats quite a risk to take …you don’t want a “freak” label to put on your forhead the rest of your life…Nor do you want to retrospect back on your life when you get old & regret you never tried it!!!

Normal unless in someway i am abnormal as well , but hey you have sucessfully broken your programming congrats.

<<. I masturbate and enjoy that but I do not fell the need to have sex sex with anybody, male or female. >>

Hate to tell ya, but that’s a sex drive. I went through a year like that until I met the current Corr-friend. Whenever you meet someone that you’re interested in having sex with, your thoughts will turn to them as well as whatever sort of fun you’ve dreamed up on your own.

Don’t worry about the sex, just find someone you can talk to as you’re relaxing afterwards, and the rest will take care of itself.

Corr

Lots of people are celibate / asexual / have low sex drives.

And, believe me, I totally understand where you’re coming from. I’m 22 & a virgin, too. I rarely masturbate, and I don’t really have any burning, desperate desire to go have sex with something. I identify as lesbian, and if the oppourtunity came along to have a sexual relationship with a girl that I like, I’d probably accept it, but it’s just not something I feel I need to pursue. I have other things to do.

And, believe me, I totally understand where you’re coming from. I’m 22 & a virgin, too. I rarely masturbate, and I don’t really have any burning, desperate desire to go have sex with something. I identify as lesbian, and if the oppourtunity came along to have a sexual relationship with a girl that I like, I’d probably accept it, but it’s just not something I feel I need to pursue. I have other things to do. **
[/QUOTE]

With respect to the original thread starter, I just want to comment on something you said…I thought it interesting that you commented on identifying as a lesbian, but then said that you have no actual desire…I suppose that would mean that desires have indeed been experienced for you to discover that when they do, it is for other women, not for men…Do you get into steady or casual relationships though, or seeing as there’s no sexual desire, you don’t bother with the rest?
By the way, I am not in any way making a derogatory statement towards your preference, I am just interested with the sex drive issue in general…what you stated just caught my eye…the whole thing is quite odd to me because I am one of the ‘others’ so to speak…I have desires & ‘sex drive’…I don’t usually have a burning desire to go have sex with somebody either though…It’s mainly a generalized horny feeling that would be supplemented if my boyfriend were over at the time, or another ‘suitable’ friend etc…If no ones around, the self satisfaction method comes to play…If it makes any difference, I am straight, not gay…(to add my demographics to the mix)