No! You can't have a pencil, pen, paper, scantron, or borrow my book!

I used to be nice and let people borrow these things until I learn people destroy my belongings. I let this girl borrow my pencil for one class period and she chewed it up! I let someone else borrow a reading book in class and never saw it again so no one can ever borrow anything AGAIN! No matter how much they need something they can’t have my stuff. If the yask for paper and they see paper in my folder I’ll say no I don’t want to give you any. I’m tired of this crap. Did this ever happen to you?:smack:

Wow. 15X. You might owe the Reader a new hamster.

Ah, they’re “No! You can’t have a pencil, pen, paper, scantron, or borrow my book!” rays.

Ah, they’re “No! You can’t have a pencil, pen, paper, scantron, or borrow my book!” rays.

You beat me to it, adam. I counted 14 simul-threads. Where did the 15th go?

That’s gotta be some kind of record, eh?

Someone call an ambulance. I think he just had one hell of a seisure.

A hamster? Hell, half the little guys went into cardiac arrests and the rest are on their backs with their little legs in the air. How did you do that, ILike?

When come back, bring pencil, pen, paper, scantron, or borrow my book.

Wow! One click and your post count doubles!

I think it was more than one click

Judging from the number of duplicate threads, I’ll bet you’re pretty damn selfish with your photocopier, too.

Repeat after me:

Hit “Submit” once, no matter how slow the board is.

Is that 14?

I don’t have problems with people borrowing stuff. What annoys me is being asked the same question over and over.

Damn! No, it’s only 13.

There. That should do it.

Now, give me back my pencil!

In defense,

I quintuple posted two days ago in the “Robert Palmer” Pit thread. I pushed submit once. The board was taking forever, so I went to sleep. What probably happened (hypothesis) was that vBulletin received my message and post request, but didn’t respond to my browser. So my browser sent again. Or something like that.

I guess that I double counted as I scrolled the screen. I may have to reset the resolution on my monitor.

Nothing to add here…except to tell you I love you and want to have your hamsters.

Funny. Way funny. Thanks for the beer in my nose. Seriously.

Soooory! When I submitted the post it took me to an error page or timeout. I kept sublitting until it it took.

We can rent posts now? Jeez, those vBulletin guys think of everything

Yes, I have loaned books to friends and received them back in terrible condition. I ranted about this misfortune to my therapist, and he told me that I could not complain about being taken advantage of if I did not set boundaries, i.e., specify the conditions under which the book was to be loaned.

Recognize that not everyone shares your respect for your possessions, and draft a contract for every item you lend to a friend. If an item is returned in substandard condition, invoke the contract to make your friend cover the cost of a replacement. After enough experience with this system, your friends will either learn to respect your property or find someone else who is willing to lend out materials with less stringent restrictions.