Of Men, Women, and Dollar Bills

Lighten up Enright. I never said I had any moral objections to a cute woman shaker her business in my face but going to strip bars and plunking down piles of cash for it is something I’ve grown out of. “Look but don’t touch” can be fun but it turns into a rather hollow experience after a while, at least for me.

There are some distinct advantages to growing up. I happen to really like women my own age (late 30s) and I’m not likely to find them working in the local titty bar. Younger women are fine but most haven’t developed character yet.

FWIW I do the wave, sing Take Me Out to the Ball Game and put my hand on my heart during the national anthem at ball games.

It’s your fault that I have no one to blame but myself.

I’ve seen this done a few ways. A one of the clubs I danced at in Tucson, you could buy a bag of tokens on your credit card. These were $5 metal tokens in a kinda cheesy cloth pouch that you used to tip the dancers. We in turn traded them in for $5 each at the end of the night. That was fine. True, since they were coins, it was a little harder to figure out where to put them (usually in your shoe or inside a glove), but oh well.

A club I danced at in Ft. Worth, TX, had a different method, and it SUCKED. You bought “NON Money” (NON=New Orleans Nights, the name of the club) on your credit card, which came in various denominations, $5, $10, and $20 I think, and were paper bills. Ok, so the minimum for a table dance at the time was $15… so you give the dancer $15 in NON money… which she turns in at the end of the night… for 80cents on the dollar. So basically, she just worked for a few dollars less than her real cash paying customers would be giving her. I hated that! It was great for tips on stage (I loved men who tipped big bills on stage… my favorite was the guy who folded a $50 inisde a $1 and I didn’t find out til I was back in the dressing room) but when you’re expecting a certain amount of money for your dance, and you get less, it sucks.

And before you rant about how we made such a killing so we shouldn’t be greedy remember a few things… first, we aren’t paid anything. What we make in tips is what we make, period. Second, we have to PAY for our shift. In Tucson at TDs it was $2.50/hr, in TX it was usually $20 or $30 per 6 hour shift. On top of that, you had cab fare (when not in your home town) and hotel (again, when not in your home town) and meals (again…) so the cost of being there working was generally at LEAST $70 per day… so your first $70 in tips just breaks you even. There were nights I went home with over $500, there were nights I went home with less than I started with. It is a very uncertain living.

Wow, that kinda got long and off topic, didn’t it? Heh. Sorry. :slight_smile:

Teeming Millions: http://fathom.org/teemingmillions
“Meat flaps, yellow!” - DrainBead, naked co-ed Twister chat
O p a l C a t
www.opalcat.com