Official Colorado Dopers gathering

Heh heh! I’ve just made arrangements, so I will no longer be wearing the monkey suit. (thank god)

I am going to try to be there by 4:30. I’ll be at the bar, drinking some kind of wheat beer, with lemon in it.

Enjoy!

The Wynkoop doesn’t take reservations on Friday and Saturday. I will get there at 4:00 and scope out a table which we can all wander to as we straggle in.

I’ll leave a note at the front; ask for Cecil Adams’ table.

See you all there!

Lexicon,

Welcome to Colorado and back to the boards! Missed your boisterous postings!

Did ya get your phone? If so, call, lets meet for a beer at Old Chicago, north end, bring the little lady!

Sounds great Dad!

Upstairs in the pool hall you’ll find a little more space and probably tables.

Thirstily (sp) Germ Boy

What do I wear?

NOT shorts, I might scare you with my Alice Ape legs.

Jeans are typical and absorb beer well.

I have been trying all day to verify, but I believe that there is a VERY strong possibility that the annual Cinco de Mayo festivities will be taking place on this, the 6th. Typically, they cordon off a large portion of the downtown area for food, festivity, and cerveza.

This might make parking 1.) difficult to find, and 2.) Expensive.

Be sure to bring plenty small bills, and meter change just in case.

Indeed Cinco de Mayo will be celebrated this weekend but, to my knowledge, the festivities will occur in Civic Center Park a fair distance away. Parking ALWAYS sucks in LoDo but, here’s two little words to help: beer and dopers.

Damn, I’m thirsty!!!

Woo hoo!

Just in case you’ve forgotten already…

Show up between 4:00 and 6:00 (if possible, I know a couple of you will have to straggle in later) at the Wynkoop Brewery. Ask for “Cecil Adams” at the front desk.

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

Bummer! Gonna miss another one. Have one for the little old lady.

Bummer! Gonna miss another one. Have one for the little old lady.

I have some good news.
Chris doesn’t have drill this weekend for some reason. I don’t know if she is playing hooky or whatever, but she is not gonna go. So, we won’t have to duck out all early, woo-hoo!
Mmmmmm, beer…
So, that’s the good news. Further, we can stay with some friends, so we don’t have to drive all the way back to Springs.
Cool.
So, that’s that, and I shall see you all there. Aside from being broke this weekend, everything should be swank.
Cheers!

techchick - I never got your phone #. If you want me to call you tomorrow, email it to me. If you already sent it to beatle, ignore this :slight_smile:

I think I just qualified for the position of Official Colorado Dope. Friday night, I took off from work at 4:00, drove an hour to the Wynkoop, walked in, and there was no party by the name of “Adams” registered with ANY bartender. Shit… luckily there was an internet coffee shop next door, and I rather gloomily found out the gathering is tonight, not last night! Sheesh!

Luckily, I have to go down to Denver today to do some errands, so I will once again be at the Wynkoop at around 4:00. I’ll bring my digital camera so we can take some pics! Anyone who has some extra floppies, bring 'em along so we don’t run out.

The Denver Dopefest begins in 6 hours, 36 minutes and 47 seconds.

LOL Athena! Did you at least enjoy a beer?

See you later today – gonna look around for a Dope Cap < giggle >

Thanks for bringing a digital camara. I will be leaving early (by 9:30 at the latest) but if you give me a couple of disks I will be able to, most likely, put a few pictures on my web site tonight.

I can’t sleep soon after driving from Denver, so I assume I will be on line anyway :slight_smile:

zyada has my cell number so we’ll have to pass around my phone (no one better drop it in their beer LOL) when they call.

See you all later!

< still wondering WTH I am going to wear! >

Why isn’t Commander Fortune coming?

Hmmmm… 5:45, I’m at the internet cafe around the corner from the Wynkoop, no dopers there yet. What do I do? Go back, have another beer, and hope? Where the heck are you guys?