Official Colorado Dopers gathering

SingleDad has made his efforts to get this thing going…time to email or post to the thread: http://boards.straightdope.com/ubb/Forum4/HTML/006754.html

May 6th
6:00 pm
Wynkoop (great beer)

Any out of state people are welcome to join…come one, come all.

This should be interesting…

Yo Chef Troy, think you can make it back? Sorry I missed the last one.

OH, and someone bring a digital camara that uses floppy disks…I will post them to my site as soon as possible after the gathering.

Oh and zyada, I have a cell phone, email me…I pretty much have to have it with me 24/7 for computer emergencies.

:::ba-bump:::

Be there or be shamed…

BTW, I checked on the Rockies schedule, they have an out of town game that starts around 2:00.

Good news, we will probably run into an after game crowd, but since it’s an away game we wont be in conflict with those from Coors Field!

::sniff sniff sob!!!::

I have chainmail underwear.

For those unfamiliar with the area:

If you’re looking for close parking, there’s a multi-level garage right across the street from the brewery. It can be expensive from time to time, so don’t feel bad about driving around and looking for something less awful!

And, if we get tired of the Wynkoop, there’s always Sing Sing! (that place is a hoot, too!)

The date is Saturday, May 6, 6:00 PM (with a 4:00PM early start at the bar).

Please email me ASAP with your confirmation so I can reserve enough space. Let me know if you want to bring any guests.

You can post in this thread or email me at home at lhamelin@iname.com .

It’s very important that you confirm, including the number of guests. I want to reserve enough space for our party without wasting money or being crowded!

This will be fun!

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

For the record, I shall be there.

Look for the tall guy wearing a diaper and propeller beanie.

Sorry I’ve been gone, or I would have r.s.v.p.'ed a little earlier…but since we got funding for our e-business, we’re moving to San Diego and joining the accursed Californians, you probably wouldn’t want me anyway.
Avs still rule!

I mis-wasted my youth.

Wow, I’d love to come, and I’ve only been a Coloradoan (?) for about a month. You may not remember me, but I used to post on here quite a bit as OfficeGirl, before I took a crazy cross-country trip on a bus, fell in love with a Chinese-Australian who ended up beating me up, came back to Kansas City, fell in love with an Alaskan, got engaged, and moved here to Denver with him. (Whew!) Anyway, Wynkoop’s sounds great! Isn’t that right over in LoDo near the Tattered Cover?

AzRaek… If you’re going to be in Colorado on May 6th, get your butts down to Wynkoop!

So far we have confirmed
Me (SingleDad)
techchick68
Mr Cynical
Athena
Germ Boy
Lexicon + 1
godfork + 1

If you’re not on the list, I don’t know you’re coming, and I won’t reserve space for you! Let me know ASAP!

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

BeLIEVE me, there’s nothing I’m hankering for more than being “tongue-lashed” by the beautiful people of Denver while I toss off one of those Fat Tire microbrews, but I just can’t think of a plausible excuse to fly to Denver by myself. Too damn bad.

Live a Lush Life
Da Chef

:bump:

I will be showing up around 4:30 and leaving relatively early as I have a major network configuration change this coming week through next Tuesday…God I hope all goes well.

Anyhow, that’s my schedule.

Just a little FYI.

I’ll be making the reservations at Wynkoop at 4:00 PM Monday. If you haven’t confirmed by then, there won’t be space at the table for you!

E-mail me at lrh@intersw.com or post to this thread.

I would love to be there sigh

I’m back! I have moved and I am now a colorado doper, officially, and not just in spirit anymore!
So, as you all can see, I have rsvped for myself and Chris (girlfriend) but there is a bit of an addendum, a quid pro quo, a slight change to things:

Chris has reserves that weekend, she has to go be all she can be. So, she will get home about 6, we shall arrive at about 8, most likely I shall have her meet me there so I can come earlier and she can leave earlier. So she will not be staying long, and as I am broke from the move, I may be short for that world as well. But I shall try to stick it out, and try to be upon my best behaviour.

As you all know, I am quiet and retiring and shy and not ourgoing at all so this soiree shall be quite the challenge for me. heh heh heh.
This new board is quite the shit, I think I shall like it.
See you all there!

First off, BUMP!

Now.

MY-OH-MY!! You leave for the weekend and they change everything on ya! Whoo-wee!! this place even smells new!

I am very thirsty and need an IPA, hence, thinking of the Wynkoop is high on my mind.

Also, Cynical, any identifying marks I shouild look for? Other than the diaper?

Slight change in plans for me.

1. I will be attending a wedding at 2PM.
  2. Immediately afterward, I am heading out for a late lunch.
  3. I will no longer be able to wear my diaper or propeller beanie. My attire, sadly, shall be more along the lines of a charcoal gray suit. (damn)

All told, I think that this will have me rolling in at about 5, instead of 4. I will be attempting to at least split the difference.

I’ll just keep ordering and drinking until you arrive.