Oink oink! Moo moo!

Sorry. Just had to say how much I love that friggin’ Special K commercial with the falling steaks and pork chops and the synchronized “oink oink moo!” jazz soundtrack. My wife and I keep laughing our butts off.

Of course, it’s pretty much a failure as a commercial, as it merely makes me want to eat a steak, not Special K.

I wondered if anyone else thought that was a lousy commercial! toadspittle, I get the same reaction you do, especially now that I’m laid up after surgery and can’t have it yet. Medium for me, with grilled onions and mushrooms on the side.

I’m in love with that little song. Anyone know what it is?

Actually the music had me wondering if it was some real 1940s novelty song or something, as it just seems of that era (30s-50s).
Yes, I know they certainly could recreate such a song nowadays, but still

(Also, did they get the last two pork and beef slabs reversed? it looks to me like the 5th slab to drop is beef, 6th and final one looks more like pork than beef).

I haven’t seen this commercial yet, but from your descriptions, I’m almost positive the song is “Barnyard Boogie” by jump blues pioneer Louis Jordan, recorded in 1947. Mr. Jordan is often passed over in lists of great jazz musicians, but he was instrumental (no pun intended) in bridging the gap between the big band swing era of the '30s and early '40s and the early days of R&B and rock ‘n’ roll of the '50s. He performed a lot of swing novelty songs, like Cab Calloway before him, and this was one of them.

That is, in fact, precisely what it is. (Page with a Real Audio sound clip)

Frankly, I find that commercial kindof insulting. I dunno, maybe I’m just a bit oversensitive, but there’s somewhat of an implication that if you’re overweight, you’re a fat pig or a cow (though I know they’re referring to the cuts of meat, it can still be interpreted the other way).

I definitely prefer “moo moo!” to “oink oink!”.

Other white meat, my patooty!

She thought it was a commercial by the Pork and Beef Counsil-- another vote for not hitting their marketing target.
As for Special K trying to insult fat people… that may have been their intent but it sure did backfire.

Personally, I don’t see how adding a bowl of Special K to your diet – which has about the same number of calories as any other cereal – is going to make you lose weight. “It’s low in fat!” Oooo, low in fat! Wow! I’m certainly going to lose weight now. There couldn’t possibly be calories in macronutrients other than fat! Geez. A bowl of Lucky Charms is low in fat too. As is a bowl of candy canes, or Life Savers. As is a bowl of lean friggin’ beef!

My husband and I laugh like crazy people every time this commercial comes on.

I’ll second the opinion though, that Special K missed the mark. I didn’t remember that’s what it was for, although I did remember that it was something about losing weight.