Okay, mods, circle around Tom

Is it too late to set up a cage match?

You forgot. Since Wee Bairn and his socks were banned, you are 77,406. Congratulations on moving up the ranks!

For $50, cash, I promise to not defend tom.

Your pal,

samclem

Hell, I’ll not-defend him for free.

This is Lib you’re talking about. Word is out on the street…

God bless the Chinese too. Nobody ever God-blesses them.

My question is, does tom have to wait until every ass-sucker on the board chimes in before he replies, as Lib requested? Because that could take some time.

<Edith Bunker>
Why can’t they say “Buddha bless you?”
</Edith Bunker>

Or Mao. Whatever.

Lib, are you off your meds, again? :smiley:

[ol][li]I am actually not a supporter of Senator Clinton, (and where you dragged out that belief, I have no idea, although it suggests an excessive amount of chili and boiled cabbage in your diet).[/li][li]I did nothing to silence Shayna.[/li][li]My criticism of Shayna’s single post was limited to the precisely correct points that we frown on junior modding in these parts and that she had misinterpreted the rule with which she attempted to silence DrDeth.[/li][li]I made no claim that Shayna had offered any criticism of Senator Clinton (a conclusion to which she, too, has leaped by misreading my post); I did suggest only that DrDeth would be less likely to repeatedly post his concern if she encouraged other posters who have vilified Senator Clinton to back away from the invective that incites hard feelings among the various constituencies opposing senator McCain.[/ol][/li]
Put down your Obama pom-poms, remove your “hate Clinton” goggles, and read my post, again, noting what I actually posted.

It’s only fair that every ass-sucker have an opportunity.

Not for long!

Dumbguy - 82,614 with a bullet

Nah. I just got home from work and had not seen this thread until a few minutes ago.

Ah, I see it now! In the future, watch which way you tilt your head.

You might also wish to re-examine mine. Thar be sarcasm and TIC innit!

Ah, that’s what’s in there!

Seriously, that thread’s time had come. I’d actually told the other Mods I was taking bets on when the thing was going to be locked and by whom. Whether it got closed then or today, it wasn’t going to last much longer. And while I know you didn’t trust her, she was obviously toast after Tuesday, so it did make sense to finish the thread then.

[QUOTE=tomndebb]

[ul][li]I did nothing to silence Shayna.[/li][li]My criticism of Shayna’s single post was limited to the precisely correct points that we frown on junior modding in these parts and that she had misinterpreted the rule with which she attempted to silence DrDeth.[/li][li]I made no claim that Shayna had offered any criticism of Senator Clinton (a conclusion to which she, too, has leaped by misreading my post); I did suggest only that DrDeth would be less likely to repeatedly post his concern if she encouraged other posters who have vilified Senator Clinton to back away from the invective that incites hard feelings among the various constituencies opposing senator McClain.[/ul][/li][/QUOTE]
For the record, I didn’t feel silenced (as if anyone could silence me ;)). Nor did I wish to silence DrDeth, merely get him to stop beating us over the head with his spanking stick. And lastly, ahem. :stuck_out_tongue:

Actually, I simply ignored his whinbing about the closed thread on the grounds that he had already vented his spleeen when he opened the current thread. Despite the huffing in the current thread between Tuesday and today, (to which I do not object, nor have I objected), my guess that the Clinton campaign had ended was correct. The earlier thread was closed mostly to keep the thread from spilling into more pages when the outcome had been decided. If anyone wants to continue to bash Senator Clinton in Great Debates, they are welcome to do so, (provided they adhere to the Forum rules), although they will probably encounter some criticism from DrDeth if they do.

I like how this thread was Godwinned in the OP.

I love how people try to influence economic outcomes with debased currencies.

Hey Poster X, I was giving you the benefit of the doubt but now I don’t RESPECT you! Ph34r my respect and its retraction!

I don’t think there has ever been a Pit thread against a long time poster where someone’s long time respect was not capriciously retracted.

It’s always been a funny thing on this board how people bandy their respect as some sort of social currency. I think it happens more often here than on other boards. At least other boards that I frequent.

Now don’t think this means that I respect you or anything, but that post was quite charming.